I'd like to hear from 14ES owners that had Traxxion and Penske

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheZsdad

Mr. Bill goes for a ride!
Reaction score
I have a nicely dialed in 09 w AK20's and Penske shock. I've managed to ignore the Gen3's mostly but

just thinking IF I were to move in that direction, would I find the ES suspension good enough or would I have

been happier swapping the AK20's and Penske from the 09 into a 13 or 14 A model and save a chunk of

change to boot. If you have gone to a ES from a AK20 Penske setup, please share your insight.

Thanks,

Dave

Subscribed. I have no plans at the moment but should the mood strike I know I'd be asking myself this, particularly as a solo rider. Truthfully though it would have more to do with me using what the ES offers as opposed to it being good enough.

(I also can't recall where but it seems some have noted a different feel between the 13s and 14As too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I understand why this post was moved. Basically I'm asking how a stock ES compares to a non stock 09A.

I already know about the parts and accessories.

IIRC Fairlaner here had some suspension work done.
Might try an PM Him.
Thanks Bust. I was hoping to get an open discussion on the diff between a stock ES and a non stock Gem 2 handling wise but not likely

to happen in the parts department. I'll try contacting Fairlaner.

The above is not quite accurate. Really looking for the diff between a modified Gen3 A and a stock ES but

guessing that is a very long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask George. He recently compared a ES to his very non-stock 09A.
I looked in the member section for a George with a ES also did searches for a comparo but no luck.

Can you tell me George's forum name?
I thought everyone knew who George was.....screen name escapefjrtist. I have the ES, he has a very nice 09A.