Idea for passenger armrests/cupholder/other accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
For any accessories, I have a feeling that this could somehow come into play...

RAM-B-149ZU.jpg

For an armrest, I figure put the longest arm you can on there (10 inch, correct?), and just bolt a sturdy, flat piece of wood/metal to the connecter at the end.

The only problems I can see are getting an arm long enough for the pillion to comfortable reach whatever accessory is there/use the armrest, or if you need to splay it out to the side so as not to have it press against the pillion, and that would just lessen how far forward it can go or upwards.

Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas? Been trying to think about how to get an armrest on there for a little bit.

Alexi

Thats a pretty slick idea. I bet a decent upholstery shop could make a really nice set with padding and everything.

I pray my wife never sees anything like this. She keeps 'mentioning' as women do, how she'd like a place to rest her arms. I keep procrastinating because I'm afraid she'd get tangled up in them in the event of an unscheduled departure form the pillion seat.

Thats a pretty slick idea. I bet a decent upholstery shop could make a really nice set with padding and everything.
I pray my wife never sees anything like this. She keeps 'mentioning' as women do, how she'd like a place to rest her arms. I keep procrastinating because I'm afraid she'd get tangled up in them in the event of an unscheduled departure form the pillion seat.
I dunno...mine...the AIW...took my advice to just wrap her long arms around my hips and rest her hands in my lap...

works for us...

<I do tend to go faster with her on board>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, put the keys on the counter and back away from the FJR.

The Honda dealer is around the corner, and they will happily sell you a Wing...

-BD