Identifying Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimmeit

Reaction score
Hello. I recently purchased a 2007 FJR. It already had an aftermarket screen on it. Can anyone help me identify it?

It seems to be 23" tall, about 22-23" wide (including the curve).

Inside View

Inside.JPG

Date stamp at the bottom (inside)

Date.JPG

Brand/Mark stamped bottom left inside, readable from bottom right outside

Mark.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The logo appears to be National Cycle. The only one (I think) they make for the FJR is a Vstream but that usually also has a "V" logo as well (in the middle)

Yea...no "V" logo in the middle on this one. Maybe it was removed?

Thank you for mentioning National Cycle. I had not come across that. Their website clearly identifies that logo. That must be it! (or something from them)

Thank you!

And regarding the cal sci, it doesn't have any air openings (holes). All of theirs have that, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
So strange. When I came across the v-stream pictures (and looking again now) it didn't seem to quite match the cut/design.

If anyone has any other ideas to confirm what exactly it is, I would appreciate it.

I suppose best guess right now is that it's something from National Cycle, if it's a v-stream, it seems to be a different design than the current one. Otherwise, I am not seeing any other offerings from them for the FJR (looking at their website).

It may be possible to purchase a CalSci without the holes cut into it?

Might be worth a call or email to them and see. I don't know of another shield with the edges cut the way yours is.

Looks more like the Yamaha touring screen that I used to have.
Yea, that's probably what it is. I just spoke to National Cycle. They could not fully identify it but mentioned that they are an OE supplier. Without pursuing that further (contacting yamaha, etc) that seems to be what it is. The yamaha touring windshield.

aba-2d203-10-00-ou-500.jpg

So....now I can consider other windshield optoins, such as the v-stream, CalSci, etc.
smile.png

Yep-it is a Mamaha touring screen made for Yammie by National Cycle-very good quality with the hard finish. Works much better than stock and looks good too,especially when compared to some of the barn doors.. Paid $110 for mine.

I switched from the Yamaha touring to a VStream for cold weather riding. For me the VStream is the best. I put the stocker back on for the rest of the year.