I'm not Superman 8-Hour Scavenger Hunt Rally designed for Beginners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we're talkin'..!

Smitty - that looks like a very fun ride!

Give's this old cba prez an idea...

Well gang, Smitty and I about decided this was probably our first AND last rally. :rolleyes:

It was a beautiful day and we had fun, but prob just not for me. Too much getting on and off the bike in a hurry. Of course, it was just an 8 hour rally, hence the frenetic pace. :eek:

You can see the results here https://www.notsupermanrally.com/id6.html

Smitty and his brother Darrell beat me by a few points ... of course, that was after they ditched me at one of the bonii because I was just too slow to get going again. Those of you who have ridden with me might understand. Truth is, I was digging my sidestand plate out of the mud and just plain didn't see which way they went ... they were gone again in a flash! :unsure:

Check out the last pic on the Awards Banquet photo tab. You can see Smitty and his new ride, the Orange Crush.

And I thought my BMW GS was ugly!!! :blink:

Well gang, Smitty and I about decided this was probably our first AND last rally. :rolleyes:
It was a beautiful day and we had fun, but prob just not for me. Too much getting on and off the bike in a hurry. Of course, it was just an 8 hour rally, hence the frenetic pace. :eek:
imo the pace is very sprint-like on 24 hour (and less) rallies. the shorter the rally, the less time to recover from a mistake. when you get into multi-day rallies there's some time to recover and there are usually fewer stops per mile, but you have to reach and maintain a given pace over a much longer time as the trade off. it's the whole, getting up from a rest and motivating again; knowing it's going to be as grueling as the day before. It's not unlike the hardest part about a SS2K. 2 SS1K's aren't that hard but motivating at the beginning of the 2nd day can be the biggest hurdle. What you described is what i like about rallies. You never dawdle at a stop, so you never get bored.

As for the photo of the bike, all i saw was a broken link. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the Smittys & Combs clan.

Though rallies are not my thing...congrats to those who complete and do well in them.

I saw the link with the scoreboard...but no orange crush.

Last edited by a moderator: