In-line Volume Control - Ipod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks- I am looking for an in-line volume control for my Ipod shuffle. I use my Shuffle for music on my rides. Its a bit hard to push the little buttons with gloves on - so I'd like to find an inline volume control. I guess the earphones I use are the standard sized jack. I have velcro-ed the Shuffle to the left clutch master cylinder cover. I want to find a inline controller big enough for use with gloves and also that I can velcro somewhere as well. Any thoughts?

Grazi!

smile.png

Not sure of the buttons on this are big enough for gloves to be used, but I think it would accomplish what you are trying to do. I use on of these to add volume control and music control to a pair of headphones I use in the gym, but as I said the buttons may be a little hard to use with gloves on.

I've used the Koss VC 20 ($10 from amazon) on a couple bikes. I couldn't find anything truly oversized for easier operation with gloves but mounted under the LH switch gear and could drag my gloved thumb across it without removing fingers from grip without issue.

I use the apple optional in-ear phones and they work great in the helmet. The controller dangles just beneath the helmet line and I can adjust volume, pause, skip tracks forward and reverse, as well as make and receive phone calls at least on my iphone 4S. Damn good phones for ~$60. Good ear protection

My wife & I both have the iJet remotes, referenced on the fella's link a few posts up, on our bikes.

Work great with our standard iPods. We carry the iPods in our jacket pockets with ear buds fed up to our helmets. We mount the wireless remotes with velcro to our fork handlebar areas. Easy to control volume, skip ahead tracks, power off/on etc. When stop can just walk away or pull remote off velcro and slip into pocket. Highly recommend.

Thanks for the suggestions mates. I'm liking the iJet unit. Actually could use that with my iPhone instead of the shuffle.

Cheers!