Info Needed on GoCruise Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
My Vista Cruise throttle lock has been slipping badly lately, and it was a huge problem on the ride to Spearfish last week. The combo of hand cramps and a worthless throttle lock made parts of the ride pretty unpleasant. Only parts, though, luckily.
smile.png

So I really have liked the simplicity of the Vista Cruise, and the low price too, but it never really held the speed for too long before it started to creep down. Then I heard about the GoCruise and decided that when I needed to change, I'd try that one. They're only about 20 bucks all over, like here.

31jgsswfHML._SL210_.jpg

But here's the question: they offer it to fit 7/8" or 1" bars, and I don't know which to order; not sure where to take the measurement, not even sure whether it goes over the padded grip itself or up the bar a little, on bare metal. If you have one, or just know, I'd appreciate the lowdown. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
7/8" and I am happy with the operation and simplicity.

The supplied rubber band goes over your grip and the lever clamps on the band.

A real wrist saver when riding across Nevada.

No 80 mph limit either.

Mike the 7/8 is the one for the FJR.

I had one and at first it worked great, however over time it started to slip.

If you order one be sure to get extra grip rings.

Mike the 7/8 is the one for the FJR.
I had one and at first it worked great, however over time it started to slip.

If you order one be sure to get extra grip rings.
Just put a zip tie through a hole and around the lower part and snug it up a click or 2.

SacMike, I had one of those and finally upgraded to electronic cruise...works MUCH better!
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

Thanks everybody. I just ordered the more versatile and robust one that redzgrider linked--hadn't seen that one before. George, I'm just too damn cheap to do what you did. Kind of a big price jump from this little jobbie to the electronic version.

After several years of use, my cheap plastic one started to slip every so often. I simply doubled over the rubber grip band. Stopped the slipping and It actually fits and looks better now. These throttle locks are a quick, easy and affordable solution for what they do.

Tried the Go Cruise but with the heavy throttle return spring on my '07 it didn't work too well. Gave it to wife's nephew for his bike and bought Omni--Cruise. Better but still not quite enough. Finally broke down and did the spring unwind. Now I'm happy. The new aluminum Go Cruise with the tension adjuster set up looks nice though too.

Omni-cruise didn't work on the wife's FZ6R, not matter how tight I made it. Went with Kaoko, and she's happy. Took less time to install than the Omni. More expensive, but worth it for her.

A while back I came across another interesting product on Kickstarter, and now they're making and selling them. Don't know if anyone has tested them yet.

The thing that makes the Go Cruise my go-to is that I don't have to mess with my factory heated grips. Keeps me away from the G2 as well, unfortunately.