Installed Givi 46 on an '06 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickey191

Reaction score
took all of about 20 minutes to install the Give 46 top case and rack today.

got home and package arrived from Givi (via order from University Motors --- GREAT folks, by the way).

Rack fits great - looks ok (like a givi rack, eh?) and case mounts up easily. Only hassle was installing the back rest on the case where you have to cut out a template - tape it to the box and drill out some holes. That was easy -- getting the bolts to bite on the back rest was a wee challenge, but someone holding a light made it much easier.

not a color matched case- standard matte black.

Looks like it will work.

Packed up - and heading for Ely, NV tomorrow evening for a little trip to see if it stays on. just short of 600 miles to Ely from here. Looks like the desert will only be 105 tomorrow - so I'm catching a break. Might even thunderstorm a bit. Just as long as the gas stays on in Alamo - I'll be OK. Might have to detour through Caliente to ensure gas availability.

I had a little trouble with the top rack when I did mine. I think the rack did not match the template as well as it should. I was careful to test fit the rack over the tempalte before drilling so it turned out OK. The top rack looks nice and serves as a handle for carrying the case. Other than that I have never had ocasion to carry anything up there. The finish on the top rack is nice, too bad they don't put the same finish on the main rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a complete Givi set on my current ride and would like to move the top case to my new 06.

Can either of you fellas post a couple pics of the mounting bracket without the top case on it?

I'd like to see what it does to the bike.

Thanks,

-MD