Installing optional brake lights on GIVI V46

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FantasticJohnR

Reaction score
I bought the optional brake light kit to be installed on my V46 trunk- However, the Italian translated directions are a challenge- but should be able to work through it. However, as far as wiring to the brake wires- their is no instructions as this would be bike-specific.

Has anyone installed this for their Gen II bike and have any insights from their experiences to help guide me for my install? I am not usually very good at any kind of install :dntknw:

You need to tie into your brake light wire and a ground wire. The best place to do that will be on the sub harness at the rear of your bike. If you do something that compromises the harness it can be replaced a lot easier than the main harness. The sub harness is the one that plugs into the tail light housing, and is wired to the light sockets.

Hope that helps.

Brodie

BENCH TEST THEM FIRST THEY REQUIRE GLUE TO INSTALL SO BENCH TEST THEM!!!! I HAD A SET WITH BAD CONTROLLER AND A BENCH TEST SAVED ME A HUUUUGE HEADACHE

Thanks guys,

In the end, do you think the light kit was worth the purchase and installation? Are these lights bright enough?

Gunny on the Admore. I upgraded and was very happy with the increased brightness.
agreed the admores are way bright and well worth the coin and they even come with detailed installation instructions and the bullet splice connectors made install simple but test them first as they somtimes have issues as well and once installed they are not easily removed

Gunny on the Admore. I upgraded and was very happy with the increased brightness.
agreed the admores are way bright and well worth the coin and they even come with detailed installation instructions and the bullet splice connectors made install simple but test them first as they somtimes have issues as well and once installed they are not easily removed
Cannot comment on the Givi kit.... but +1 on the AdMore Lighting kit. I purchased the LED46-T-TS Light Kit for my V46 top box. The kit has both brake and turning lights, although they also sell a brake light only kit. Very nice design.