Instead Of WFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudewado

Reaction score
Couldn't go to WFO this year. Sometimes work sucks.

Instead, I was able to take two days up the Oregon coast, then a trip to Crater Lake today.

I had a great time on the coast, the weather was perfect. I rode from Reedsport to Tillamook on 101, then had to cut over to Portland and slab back home to Roseburg.

I'm beginning to think I'm jinxed in national parks. The last two trips to Crater Lake, and the last two trips to Mt. Saint Helens , there were fires in the area that made the views too hazy for good pictures.

These are the best I could do at Crater Lake. If you've been there, you know that the water is a stunning blue. It just doesn't show here.

On the Rim drive around Crater Lake:

CraterLake.jpg

The Pumice Desert with Mt. Thielsen near the park entrance:

PumiceDesertandMtThielsenCraterLake.jpg

Heceta Head Lighthouse, Oregon Coast:

HecetaHeadLighthouse101Oregon.jpg

Yaquina Head, Oregon Coast:

YaquinaHead101Oregon.jpg

Nice scenery... didn't look like you suffered too badly, except maybe in the lack of man-boobage... ;)

Nice pics......... I was on 101 last year, except it was raining I could have put up with a little bit of haze .

Maybe you were listening to some tunes as you were heading down the Highway,like " Smoke On The Water"

+1

I'll be posting my photos of my crater lake trip, and saw quite a few FJR's on the coast going north, as well as one guy who passed me going south. I wonder if he's a member here, I was riding with my friend on a FZ1 with a yellow jacket, and of course my FJR with almost every possible gadget on it, big reflectors and with a blue jacket.