Insulated Saddlebag Liner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking the MSF Experienced RiderCourse today, and the instructor had a made-to-fit insulated saddlebag liner for his Road King. Perfect for those.....Coca-Colas.....(yeah, that's it)....post ride.

I haven't seen or heard of anything like this for the FJR, has anyone else?

The standard issue topcase from Yamaha holds a ton of ice, is insulated and doesn't leak. I wish i had a picture for ya. After a good days ride with 4 other friends i was voted to go get refreshments, mainly because i had the bike most capable of doing so. I emptied the gear out the topcase, went to the store and bought an 18pk and a bag of ice and dumped them both in it. When i got back I simply unlocked the case leaving it closed and walked away from the bike. They all looked at me funny, and one guy said you forgot something... :dribble: I said go help yourself it's in the topcase. You should have heard the howls of delight when they saw all that beer sitting pretty on ice. :yahoo:

The next day i took a towel and wiped it all out. It was cleaner than when i started, and the double wall on those topcases is perfect for use as a cooler. I still had ice in it the next morning. My next farkle is a bottle opener. :rolleyes:

Never thought of that.. Ya know I have several feet of Tank Blanket left an I was wondering what to do with it.

Think after I get home I'm going to line one of me bags with it..

Thanks fro-niples,

:jester:

The standard issue topcase from Yamaha holds a ton of ice, is insulated and doesn't leak. I wish i had a picture for ya. After a good days ride with 4 other friends i was voted to go get refreshments, mainly because i had the bike most capable of doing so. I emptied the gear out the topcase, went to the store and bought an 18pk and a bag of ice and dumped them both in it. When i got back I simply unlocked the case leaving it closed and walked away from the bike. They all looked at me funny, and one guy said you forgot something... :dribble: I said go help yourself it's in the topcase. You should have heard the howls of delight when they saw all that beer sitting pretty on ice. :yahoo:
The next day i took a towel and wiped it all out. It was cleaner than when i started, and the double wall on those topcases is perfect for use as a cooler. I still had ice in it the next morning. My next farkle is a bottle opener. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've seen some similar pictures, the handy thing about these is that just like our regular liners, they can be easily removed and carried into wherever you're going.