Insulating Pad for Tank?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leedavis

Reaction score
Is there an insulating pad available for the fuel tank for the area around the thighs. I recently picked up an 04. The prior owner did all the heat mods and they're quite effective, but I still get some warmth off the tank. Any heat sux when it's 90 degrees outside like it is here today. A buffer between my legs and the tank would be niiiice.

Is there an insulating pad available for the fuel tank for the area around the thighs. I recently picked up an 04. The prior owner did all the heat mods and they're quite effective, but I still get some warmth off the tank. Any heat sux when it's 90 degrees outside like it is here today. A buffer between my legs and the tank would be niiiice.
Smitty141 was selling them (for '03 - '05) at the end of last week. I have one on the way for my '05. Here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=11191&hl=

clicky
Hope that helps.

Don't forget you have a search button!!!
Thanks, but I have that. I want something between my legs and the tank. Seems like there should be a solution...something simple that adheres to the tank sides in the slots where your thighs touch the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you riding with your tank full? That makes a big difference too, if it is close to empty it turns into a nut roaster.

I have an 04 and the heat is almost gone in summer , but I didn't use the insulating blanket. I did the same thing with the foil wrapped bubble wrap which is used for heat ducting. If you search the forum for heat fixes, there are pictures posted of this bubble wrap with the foil facing, and the shape to cut out for the pieces. Total cost was about $10.. VT :clapping:

What kind of seat do you have? Once I ditched the stocker everything got cooler because I wasn't so close to the tank!

Latest posts