Insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred H.

Reaction score
I called Bike Line (who I am currently using for another bike) and got a quote on an 06 FJR of $880 for Comp and collision with a $1,000 deductible. Seems like it is over twice what I am paying for my GL1800.

Is there a cheaper insurance company to go with, or is this rate about normal? Sure seems pretty high to me. Almost makes me want to forgo it and just get liablilty only.

Any suggestions on other companies to try?

I have Dairyland County Mutual here in Beaumont Texas.Pay right at $500 a year,over 40 and clean driving record.I found you have to use the vin number when finding the price,it makes a difference.

Try and get a quote from State Farm. They charge by cc (at least in my area) and don’t care if it’s a Busa, FJR or some type of a cruiser etc. Another cheap bet would be American Family, they classify the FJR as a touring bike but forget them if you have a super-sport in your stables. Obviously, location is extremely dependant on rates.

I called Bike Line (who I am currently using for another bike) and got a quote on an 06 FJR of $880 for Comp and collision with a $1,000 deductible. Seems like it is over twice what I am paying for my GL1800.
Is there a cheaper insurance company to go with, or is this rate about normal? Sure seems pretty high to me. Almost makes me want to forgo it and just get liablilty only.

Any suggestions on other companies to try?
Fred,

Try ANPAC and Foremost.

Both quotes I got were much lower than $880. ANPAC was the cheapest, Foremost had a few additional riders like they would replace the bike with a new one if it was totaled in the first two years.

Best Regards,

Shane

Foremost, Dairland, Safeco, Progressive, Geico, etc.

Any of them could potentially give you the best rate.

There are way too many variables to consider to have a chance of narrowing down the choices to a sure thing.

Your credit is probably the biggest variable to take into account. It can make or break you depending on how the individual companies use the information.

I can tell you point blank that Progressive does not favor 1000 cc + in general so that have the rating factors adjusted to avoid the business.

Just got Geico in CA. 580.00/yr. 100/300 both, UM. Towing 50.00 per, 250.00 deductables both. Up to 500.00 damage on addon's. No uninsured prop. dam. Was 300.00 to 500.00 cheaper than anyone I could find. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dairyland was by far the cheapest for me here in Houston when I got the FJR... they went up a bit last year, enough to have me check around to see if anything was cheaper... still was the best rate I could find... and I've got great credit.