Intercom (Starcom1)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionswings

Reaction score
I just bought a Starcom1 and was looking for ideas (or pictures) for the placement of the headphone jacks for rider and passanger. I was thinking of maybe installing the Starcom in my tank bag with a quick disconnect power cable to the bag. Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

I just bought a Starcom1 and was looking for ideas (or pictures) for the placement of the headphone jacks for rider and passanger. I was thinking of maybe installing the Starcom in my tank bag with a quick disconnect power cable to the bag. Any ideas welcome. Thanks!
That's how I did it, so I can put the tank bag on both bikes. I ran a power cable from the battery to an SAE plug which is peeking out from under the seat. I routed the power cable and the two headset cables from the Starcom1 through the pass-through hole in the tank bag. Sally's headset cable runs under my right arm. When we are getting ready to take off 3 plug-ins and liftoff!

Easy peasy.

Starcom in tank bag with cigarette lighter plugs to power Garmin and recharge phone. Put outlet on bag and it plugs via short cord into outlet on right panel wired directly to battery. Just need to remember to unplug it when stopped. I really need to wire another, switched outlet. I use that one for my battery tender as well so can't make it switched.

+3 - in the tank bag.

Here's mine:

Outside:

100_1183.jpg

Inside:

100_1184.jpg