Interest in Avon Storm group buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes, ASAP

• Yes, in January

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, in February, after some reports from others

• Yes, in March, for when the damn ice melts

• No, I'll just go to SW Moto when ready

• I hate Avons

• Total voters

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
I approached a reputable local dealer about the possibility of a group buy for Avon Storms. He was open to the idea. I need a good idea of how many are interested and then get together with him on pricing. I don't imagine he will beat SW Moto by much but it all counts. As usual, the more we buy, the more love we get.

I'm picking March, as my Pirelli will probably make it that far and to make it convenient for the many sufferers who currently have their bikes parked for the winter.

Unfortunately, due to shipping concerns, it will only be open to North America. Canuckian shipping may be slightly higher, more to follow.

I approached a reputable local dealer about the possibility of a group buy for Avon Storms. He was open to the idea. I need a good idea of how many are interested and then get together with him on pricing. I don't imagine he will beat SW Moto by much but it all counts. As usual, the more we buy, the more love we get.
I'm picking March, as my Pirelli will probably make it that far and to make it convenient for the many sufferers who currently have their bikes parked for the winter.

Unfortunately, due to shipping concerns, it will only be open to North America. Canuckian shipping may be slightly higher, more to follow.
Count me in. I am ready any time. Just want to get new tires sometime this winter so I can have my bike ready to roll when the weather breaks this spring. So far I haven't been able to beat the price quote from University Motors. I was going to order today but I will wait to see if you can come up with something better. I need front & Rear.

Edit: Count me out. I saw what SW Moto was selling them for with free shipping and I just couldn't help myself. I ORDERED :eek: . (SORRY)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't imagine he will beat SW Moto by much but it all counts. As usual, the more we buy, the more love we get.
+1 I don't know anyone for that matter that can do this by much, but bring 'em on anyway as I always need fresh rubber.

Margins on new tires at SW-Moto prices are pretty thin. Do you really want to organize a group buy to save $4 a tire?

- Mark

March will be good for me as I'll need tires but not till after Americade in June. Of course my local independent bike shop may do well with the prices also. If so I'll get from him.

I'd be interested but I just put new Azaros on baby & that'll do me for most of next season probably... Guess I'll just do SWMT when the time comes.

Have been watching and reading the reviews If the storms prove to be the long term choice of the majority here why not suggest to the vendor of choice, a commitment from the foum of a X amount of product for a X amount % discount for a predetermined time. Sign up required (No tire kickers,Yes pun intended)

We deal alot with auto/truck tire distributors and they love contract bulk sales!

Hmm, 28 respondents, 10 no's and 18 who want tires. Is there an option I missed? Aren't there about 3000 people around here? Exercise your democratic rights! Even convicted felons are allowed to respond to this poll.

Maybe when I hear and get back about the price.... The dealer said he'll trim his margin to the bone (along the lines of $1.00/tire). Stay tuned....

I need tires, soon, very soon. But my riding time will be-limited until the snow (which isn't here yet) melts.

My plan was to ride to smitties and get a lesson on spoonin on my own, but that's not looking as possible as I thought since I didn't get it done earlier.

So, if purchasing them elsewhere and then taking them somewhere to be put on costs more then no I wouldn't do this.

My understanding is one of the cheaper places to buy is right up the road from me in Dayton.

-MD

I just also voted to be in this group buy, I voted for March, …but any time from now till then would be fine.

Thank you, Toecutter, for trying to get a group-buy together for the rest of us! This is good timing for me personally!

-Jon

:)

I would be interested!!!
I should have pricing info by the end of next week. My guy has to set up a new shipping account, along with running his business, so it's taking some time, but he's working on it. I can't blame him for not making it a huge priority, as he doesn't stand to make much on the deal.
Looks like March will be the target date, as it's popular and some may need some recovery time from the first group buy of the new year. I know I will.

Good! Just picked up a screw in my rear tire. Bought and used the mushroom plug kit - Plug and go or Stop and go - something and go. I've still got 2k left on that tire so I'll see how this thing holds up.