International Motorcycle Show in Fort Worth, TX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there on Saturday too, job permitting. I think the overtime will be done by then.

Here's the site. Click me!

Petey, I'm riding down with a group that will leave the Del City Honda-Suzuki dealer lot at 7:00am with one stop for breakfast on the way. Join us if you can. Anyone is welcome.

I'll be wearing a Joe Rocket blue leather with black textile jacket and a black baseball cap that says MWC Bomb Squad on the front. Hope to see several of you there.

Petey, I'm riding down with a group that will leave the Del City Honda-Suzuki dealer lot at 7:00am with one stop for breakfast on the way. Join us if you can. Anyone is welcome.
I'll be wearing a Joe Rocket blue leather with black textile jacket and a black baseball cap that says MWC Bomb Squad on the front. Hope to see several of you there.
Luke, a friend and I are planning on riding down Friday morning, if however something should change, I'll join you guys. You are going Saturday morning, correct??

ok guys, 3 days til early christmas shopping! nothing like finding new farkles at the bike show to put a girl in the holiday mood! :lol:

I'll be there prob by noon sat. Made new topic on camping if anyone is interested. 4 of us so far. My bike is the only multi color 06 in existence. Can't miss it. J/K, it's still blue.

got my time blocked out for sun.

drop by the classic japanese moto club area (VJMC) and tell Curby i said hi!

Last edited by a moderator:
got my time blocked out for sun.
drop by the classic japanese moto club area (VJMC) and tell Curby i said hi!
Hey u know Kirby?! I do too! I will go see him. Met him 2 years ago when L8rg8r used to have his ST1300 and we used to ride with Keith Quigley and his group. I may go again with g8r on Sunday so I'll call ya if that happens.

the show in Houston was good - test rode a Buel paint-shaker, I mean XBR12.

The cooling fan kicked on in 70 degree temps after a short freeway jaunt and sounded louder than a hair dryer...

After riding it, now I remember why I have never owned an H-D anything.

the show in Houston was good - test rode a Buel paint-shaker, I mean XBR12.
The cooling fan kicked on in 70 degree temps after a short freeway jaunt and sounded louder than a hair dryer...

After riding it, now I remember why I have never owned an H-D anything.
Is that the Firebolt? I tried one of those in Vegas and didn't like it a bit. Talk about a heat problem! and that was through thick leathers. My '03 FJR doesn't put out anything LIKE that much heat on my legs.

So, what are the highlights of the show? What should I look out for when it comes to Long Beach next month?

Jill

Great show! Lots of pretty bikes of all brands and varieties. But after every bike I sat on, I came away liking mine all the more. I really liked all the vendors booths. There were lots of goodies available.

And a good trip all around. Left OKC in early AM at 37 degrees, hit 70 degrees in Ft Worth mid afternoon, then back to 43 before getting back home late this evening. All clear, dry and a good run... and with good company.

A deer did try to see if I was awake by running across the highway in front of me while I was cruising a little over the limit. But thankfully it was a non-event.