Invisigard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honzo

Reaction score
I've been reading herre that the Feej has soft paint. True or not, does anyone have Invisigard installed on their bikes. Is it worth it? Is it easy to spot on the bike? Does it peel off after awhile? It claims not to yellow over time and clean easy but what is your experience?

Thank you ents and ladies.

Hanzo

I've been reading herre that the Feej has soft paint. True or not, does anyone have Invisigard installed on their bikes. Is it worth it? Is it easy to spot on the bike? Does it peel off after awhile? It claims not to yellow over time and clean easy but what is your experience?
Thank you ents and ladies.

Hanzo l
ll

V

(Gents)

I don't, but I got the tankslapper for the FZ6 and am really happy with it. Sometimes getting the tankslapper on without a lot of bubbles can be tough...but patience and a good spray bottle is worth all the toil.

https://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have original paint anymore and have found the new paint chips easily and the clear coat scuffs and dulls with constant contact from leathers, tanks bags, etc. I have the 3-M film installed at the lower fuel tank where the Corbin contacts it, on the tank knee indentations, the sidecovers and the leading edges of the hard cases. It doesn't look great and wax and crud builds up along the edges but I figure I can strip it off and clean up the mess if I decide to sell it.

I don't have original paint anymore and have found the new paint chips easily and the clear coat scuffs and dulls with constant contact from leathers, tanks bags, etc. I have the 3-M film installed at the lower fuel tank where the Corbin contacts it, on the tank knee indentations, the sidecovers and the leading edges of the hard cases. It doesn't look great and wax and crud builds up along the edges but I figure I can strip it off and clean up the mess if I decide to sell it.
So maybe not worth $215 for thw whole 24 pc set on ebay? And this product is 8 mills thick and I think the 3M is 3 mills. MOre wax build-up on the edge then. Hm. I'll go nuts filling rock chips., I guess.

So maybe not worth $215 for thw whole 24 pc set on ebay? And this product is 8 mills thick and I think the 3M is 3 mills. MOre wax build-up on the edge then. Hm. I'll go nuts filling rock chips., I guess.
I got a partial set from Premier called the Large Shield Package, it retails for $79.95. This covers part of the fuel tank as well as the important areas on the side bags, I found this was all I needed.

www.premiercycleaccessories.com