iPod Holder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthFlaFJR

Reaction score
I'm sure this is somewhere in the search but i can't find it.

Any suggestions on the best iPod holder and the location on a 2009 FJR?

I don't want one that blocks the view of the gauges or one so high it becomes

a bug catcher (live in South Florida).

The web sites are a little cofusing and don't really show good pictures of the holders in place.

Thanks.

:unsure:

You can get an aquabox for them, I had one for a while, but it was way to big and Clunky for my taste.

I have a small flat tankbag with a map pocket that I use, works great

The web sites are a little cofusing and don't really show good pictures of the holders in place.

Thanks.

Get an AirTouch remote. I keep my IPod in my jacket pocket on Shuffle Songs and have the remote on my handlebar with the velcro strap. If it is raining I put the remote in my tankbag map pocket. that way I can on/off pause, mute, on shuffle to the next song on the move. Works like a charm and I dont have the IPod exposed to the elements.

Thanks.

Get an AirTouch remote. I keep my IPod in my jacket pocket on Shuffle Songs and have the remote on my handlebar with the velcro strap. If it is raining I put the remote in my tankbag map pocket. that way I can on/off pause, mute, on shuffle to the next song on the move. Works like a charm and I dont have the IPod exposed to the elements.
I think you are talking about the Griffen Air Click remote.

It has been discontinued.

Graet Idea though!!

:angry:

I just keep mine in my inside jacket pocket, on shuffle.
Same here. I keep the controls facing outwards so I can navigate the play-list I'm currently in (rewind, fast forward, pause) and then I use a small volume control dongle I picked up at Radio Shack to control the volume (Link) through gloved hands.

Would the vibration of the handlebars be good on the hard drive equipped iPods (no experience in the matter, just thinking out loud)?

I have an iPod mounted with a ramball on the clutch resevoir with a holder similar to this:

iPod Mount

If you look at the link, further down is the ramball that you need (pn# RAM-POST10M ). Its a 10mm thread that screws into the threaded hole in the clutch resevoir body.

The wires run under the tank to the Starcom under the seat.

Would the vibration of the handlebars be good on the hard drive equipped iPods (no experience in the matter, just thinking out loud)?
No personal experience, but I have heard that the old hard drive iPods don't last too long on motorcycles for that very reason. Info worth what ya paid for it.

Don't mount your iPod to the handlebars if it's a hard drive unit. I have personal experience, it will die a horrible death.

Unless it's a Nano which is solid state :)

I just toss it in the map pocket of my tankbag, I can still press buttons on it through my gloves and the bag insulates it from rain/vibration...

I have an Otterbox for my 4th gen Nano, affixed to Ram Mount to the phantom left-hand mirror hole.

I thought it would be nice to have access to control it while riding, however it's not all that practical wearing gloves. So I'm really not all that much ahead of having it my pocket. The other disadvantage to mounting it on the bike is the risk of failing to unplug when dismounting. Strangely I have more of a problem forgetting to unplug the Gerbings than the Ipod. Anyway, I just leave it on shuffle with the controls locked.

Oh, and if you're using a Nano, be sure to pay attention and get the case for your specific generation of Nano. The 5th gen connection is opposite the previous gens due to the video camera.

Thanks.

I think you are talking about the Griffen Air Click remote.

It has been discontinued.

Graet Idea though!!

:angry:
There are a few companies that make remotes for the ipods.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!!

I did find a remote that allows me to keep the iPod in my pocket and place

a remote on the handlebars. This way the iPod is protected and I can still pause

and adjust volume as needed.

:yahoo:

www.theistore.com

OFF TOPIC:

By the way.... does anyone know what the little blank square on the top of the

Left front fairing is for?

Thanks.

I use my iPhone with a bluetooth headset Scala Rider in my helmet. The iPhone (and iPod Touch) have voice control, so I can play, pause, shuffle, next track, play artist, etc, by pressing the scala headset button.

pretty sweet!