Is a power commander worth it ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcruiser(aka downn2)

Reaction score
In an effort to get the buzz out and to enjoy the bike running at 100% I inquired about putting a Power Commander on my new 06 AE while visiting the parts counter at the dealership....The young juvenilles behind the counter told me it would be a waste of money unless I upgraded the exhaust system too, which then they explained would make the bike sound like one of those buzz saws you hear when a motorcycle goes by but it'd be running around 160HP.....NO THANKS...

But since they just got out of their diapers and/or the Junveville detention center I can't help but wonder if they have the slightest idea about what they are talking about.

No, I'm gonna leave the bike stock with the exception of an air filter............would adding a Power Commander be money well spent. Power Commander's website shows 3 options for the 06 FJR..

2006 Yamaha FJR1300

Maps Available:

M419-all - All maps

M419-000 - Zero Map

M419-001 - Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, Stock O2 sensor disconnected

The M419-001 sounds like the one I'd want...but at $375 plus installation, something better run significantly better!

I'd appreciate any imput you may have......

In an effort to get the buzz out and to enjoy the bike running at 100% I inquired about putting a Power Commander on my new 06 AE while visiting the parts counter at the dealership....The young juvenilles behind the counter told me it would be a waste of money unless I upgraded the exhaust system too, which then they explained would make the bike sound like one of those buzz saws you hear when a motorcycle goes by but it'd be running around 160HP.....NO THANKS...
But since they just got out of their diapers and/or the Junveville detention center I can't help but wonder if they have the slightest idea about what they are talking about.

No, I'm gonna leave the bike stock with the exception of an air filter............would adding a Power Commander be money well spent. Power Commander's website shows 3 options for the 06 FJR..

2006 Yamaha FJR1300

Maps Available:

M419-all - All maps

M419-000 - Zero Map

M419-001 - Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, Stock O2 sensor disconnected

The M419-001 sounds like the one I'd want...but at $375 plus installation, something better run significantly better!

I'd appreciate any imput you may have......
1)

Skoots right, search will tell you all parts guys are morons

2) Jeff from Bikeffects in the vendor forum will set you up cheaper than that price !

3) Installation is two plastic connectors if I'm not mistaken.

4) Run from the dealer !!!