is a power commmander necessary?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
i think i am going to go with the 2bros slip on for my 07. Does a PCIII make a difference or is it necessary? I am running everything stock right now, and i average 40+ mpg commuting to work. The bike is plenty fast for me and has more than enough horsepower. Or with new exhaust, do you have to change the air/fuel mixture going in. I'm not trying to create a racebike, i just want some sound.

I run mine "bone stock", even when I have my Holeshot slip-ons mounted. No problems.

Because of the ECU's ability to read the exhaust gasses and adjust the mixture, fuel injected bikes are not like the older carbureted bikes where you "must" rejet.

If you have a PCIII you might have to adjust the mix since it doesn't use the O2 sensor. As mike said, fuel injected engines (with O2 sensors) adjust automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a PCIII and I like the change it's made in my bike. But I'd say if you don't currently perceive any deficiencies in your bike's A/F mixture then you don't need the PCIII and adding the slip-ons shouldn't change that.