Is photobucket down?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperell

Reaction score
Ok, so all I see are placeholder icons where pics used to be. Nor can I get their site to come up. Any one else have this problem?

Thanks, Pepperell

I just logged in and got a link so nope...

IMG_0962.jpg

Thanks, folks. When I run Win7 "diagnose connection problems" I come up with a "THe DNS server is not responding" message, whatever that means...

Pepperell

Thanks, folks. When I run Win7 "diagnose connection problems" I come up with a "THe DNS server is not responding" message, whatever that means...Pepperell
You get here, but not Photobucket? That's pretty weird for a DNS failure. Usually you wouldn't get ANYWHERE.

You might need to power cycle your router to reset its DNS settings that it passes to the network. You might also need to get a Command Prompt window on your PC (Start, Run, CMD, click OK) and run ipconfig /release, and when that finishes, ipconfig /renew. Then type exit to close the Command Prompt window.

Oh, yeah. The Windows troubleshooting tools aren't worth the time it takes to click on them. Completely and utterly useless. They're feel-good "Ooh, Microsft cares!" psych rather than real technically useful tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
THanks WFOO, powercycled the router and all is well. Figures; go to a computer website, get crap. Go to a motorcycle site and get quick & accurate fix. Now I remember why I hate Microsh*t.

Thanks again,

Pepperell

Yeah, except Microsoft doesn't control how DNS works. Yet. That one's not their fault.

Last edited by a moderator: