• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ISO Brodie's harness or equivalent gen 2 fix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An alternative if you can’t get a Brodie harness is to buy a couple of sub harnesses from Yamaha. Plug one into the ground junction S4 under the fuel tank as explained in the safety recall bulletin. modify the other sub harness by cutting off the plugs and splice in a ground lug that connects to the battery negative. The other end of the sub harness goes to the ground junction S6 under the left side glove box.

Last edited:
Did i just miss out on a brodie harness? DAMN! please pm me if anyone has one for sale. Someone just tried to sell me one for $300 which seemed extremely fishy from a newly made account with zero replies or threads

Did i just miss out on a brodie harness? DAMN! please pm me if anyone has one for sale. Someone just tried to sell me one for $300 which seemed extremely fishy from a newly made account with zero replies or threads
I think I have the FJR Grounding Harness you are asking about. It was purchased in 2010 for my 2008 FJR but never installed. Receipt from 6/28/2010 shows $90 USD plus $10 Shipping. Do you think this is it?

Did i just miss out on a brodie harness? DAMN! please pm me if anyone has one for sale. Someone just tried to sell me one for $300 which seemed extremely fishy from a newly made account with zero replies or ,

I think I have the FJR Grounding Harness you are asking about. It was purchased in 2010 for my 2008 FJR but never installed. Receipt from 6/28/2010 shows $90 USD plus $10 Shipping. Do you think this is it?

D
IMG_1905_2.jpg
does it look like this ? This is a brodie harness.

Diavalos, Do you have the grounding harness? Not the ignition harness with a relay but the grounding harness? If so, please post a picture and I'd like to purchase it.

ThanksDan,

If you don't have a plug and play, ground harness at this point you don't need it. All you need to do is cut out the S6 spider under the glovebox, solder the wires together, also solder in a wire that will reach from the S6 wires to the battery neg term. This will take care of the S6 and take enough load off the S4 that it should be ok. Also, it should have the Yamaha fix on the S4 at this point, but even if it doesn't, I don't think it will be needed if you take the S6 direct to battery.

Diavalos, Do you have the grounding harness? Not the ignition harness with a relay but the grounding harness? If so, please post a picture and I'd like to purchase it.

ThanksDan,
Two Wheels posted a picture of the harness I have.