it happened...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

818Guy

Reaction score
I had a great way to end 2006: I dropped my bike in the driveway on Dec. 31st. :(

One thing I will comment on is for everyone to GET SLIDERS.

I had NO damage or scratches to the fairings. I did, though, have some scratch marks on the hardcase. Oh well. I'll take it. It would have been a lot worse without the sliders.

Best money spent on a bike: sliders.

I had a great way to end 2006: I dropped my bike in the driveway on Dec. 31st. :(
One thing I will comment on is for everyone to GET SLIDERS.

I had NO damage or scratches to the fairings. I did, though, have some scratch marks on the hardcase. Oh well. I'll take it. It would have been a lot worse without the sliders.

Best money spent on a bike: sliders.
Ditto about the sliders. I dropped mine last year on the left and scratched up the mirror a bit, the clutch cover, and the left muffler, but it only shows on the clutch cover. It was on a funny slope, so I guess that's why the clutch cover got scratched up.

Bob P

Huntington Beach, CA

+1 here as well on the sliders. Dropped mine at about 2 MPH, and while the right mirror and bag were scratched up, the faring had little to no damage.

+1

Allthough so far for me the best insurance against dropping it has been the addition of the sliders. Dropped it 2x waiting for them to get here.

:poster_oops:

Best thing I every did, had the sliders in my pocket when I picked the bike up from the dealer. Put them on before I rode it for the first time. have not dropped it yet.

But I will, dropped every bike I ever had. :dribble: