I've been thinking about leathers lately.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shokdimn

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with “Himalaya” brand leather riding jackets or racing suits?

Also, wondering if anyone has bought online from “Rockin Leather? They’ve got a suit that I might mention to “Santa”: if she’ll :santa: listen. Was thinking, a new set of leathers sure would go nicely with the RDL that Santa’s getting me.

Thanks,

shokdimn :bike:

Before you go buying leathers,...check out Toecutter's gear....it's FIM approved for road racing & it's textile....alot lighter just as if not more so protective & it breaths while being water proof....just a thought....could be worth your while shokdimn.... :D ....

Thanks Mike. I just read one of toecutter’s posts on Cycleport Air Mesh Kevlar.

I understand what ya mean about the weight. Still, I can’t help being attracted to some of those good-looking leathers. Am thinking the leathers would be reserved for cooler weather riding only.

Mogan thanks,

Santa is already feeling a little strained. Guess I’m guilty of doing a little bottom fishing. Don’t hardly have enough bait on the hook for the big fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t help being attracted to some of those good-looking leathers

they also take role playing night at the ol' love nest to a completely new level :D

I can’t help being attracted to some of those good-looking leathers
they also take role playing night at the ol' love nest to a completely new level :D

Whoa! Not that kind of an attraction. :no: Perhaps, an edit of my previous post is in order!

Trust me, a getup like this can be very productive as well (sans face mask, for obvious reasons):
geara.jpg

:chickawow:

Hey Toe, those are just like the gloves my cousin gave me to bar-b-que with. He's a paramedic for the Benicia FD. I would like the leather gear but the textile gear nowdays are cost effective and most do offer the protection needed, crash or weather wise. PM. <>< :D

tc,

Don’t know if my rather conservative taste in riding apparel would be accurately reflected by such a trendy “hot” style.

Trust me, a getup like this can be very productive as well (sans face mask, for obvious reasons):
geara.jpg

:chickawow:

OTOH, freshen-up the color scheme with the proper mix of R, B, & W and who knows?

Good to know your not alone eh Scab :D ....the real question is are you actually in good company :lol: ....(then again it was you that used the term "pervs") :blink: :eek: :lol: ......

I'm currently using Joe Rocket Blaster leathers. It's a two piece that zips together 360 degrees. They make perforated pants as an option. I like them and the price is reasonable.

No one mentioned, so..

For gear, you'd have to be off your rocker to not shop this forum supporter:

NewEnough

Check the closeouts section too!

They also dabble in used leathers (hence the company name).

I'm currently using Joe Rocket Blaster leathers. It's a two piece that zips together 360 degrees. They make perforated pants as an option. I like them and the price is reasonable.
+1 on the Joe Rocket.

I just got the Blaster perforated pants, too. They work down to about 45* with some poly-undergear. But, only for a couple hours. I think the non-perf'd would be better in cooler (not colder) conditions.

I bought the size I wear in jeans for the JR Blasters and they fit well. Tuck the bottoms into your boots. Wear a JR Blaster jacket, full fwace helmet and you just need a cape to look like a friggin' super hero!! Heh, heh.... But, I do like the leather stuff and the knee/hip protection, too. I have several textile pants and jackets, too. I like them as well. They're just bulkier. One needs both. IMO.

BAGGER

MSCop,

Yeah, nice choice. The blaster 3.0 leather jacket in R,W, & B is a real looker.

“quick,” I copy. They’ve been on my “favorites list” for some time. I’ve bought two Cortech jackets and some armor from them. Didn’t realize they were a forum supporter.

Bagger, thanks for the info about how “they fit".

I have several textile pants and jackets, too. One needs both. IMO.BAGGER
I subscribe to that notion too. I could stand to have a nice selection of riding gear.