Ive got a two banger !!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
Hello gang !

First off the search on this forum blows and NEVER works properly, but another forum member suggested that I google FJRforums and the question and that works great.......... and Ive done that already... :)

1) I'm going to install the Baja HID lights on the front. For the people that have these lights installed, my question is this... (IF) for some reason you wanted to take them off, do you think the mount has scratched or damaged your front plastic? {below or near or around the mirror mount}

2) I'm piecing together my "power" and I'm just shy the cans. I'm about to order my slip on's next week... ( K&N - air box mod - PCIII - Slip on's) Can some on suggest a one or more PCIII maps for this set up... I don't mind loosing a few MPG of a few more HP.... And then of course sometime when I have time I will get a custom one.....

Any info would be great... Thanks !

Try this for searches. It does the job with out needing the picky specifics of the forum search engine.

FJR Google search engine

As to the rest of your questions, you might have better luck if you changed the title of your post from "I've got a two banger!!!" which sounds like someone else's post and topic.

As to the rest of your questions, you might have better luck if you changed the title of your post from "I've got a two banger!!!" which sounds like someone else's post and topic.
Really!!!

Some of us decide, by the title, whether or not to check the thread. To me, the title suggests the engine is running on 2 cylinders, and, once discussion begins how would one find the topic again?

As to your questions:

1.) My mounts are supported by the front "stay" (sub-frame), not the body work. I did find a thin rubber sheet and cut a gasket to protect the plastic nose cowling.

2.) IIRC, Dale Walker has a map available through his website. I wonder if the other slip-on manufacturers do also provide a map? There are a number of "maps" that owners are using. One assumes you used Google:

PC III site:fjrforum.com

Power Commander site:fjrforum.com

It looks to me like there is a wealth of information in those libraries. One would think that your open question will only garner a rehash of what has been written before but what do I know, the OEM stealth version works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really!!!

Some of us decide, by the title, whether or not to check the thread. To me, the title suggests the engine is running on 2 cylinders, and, once discussion begins how would one find the topic again?

As to your questions:

1.) My mounts are supported by the front "stay" (sub-frame), not the body work. I did find a thin rubber sheet and cut a gasket to protect the plastic nose cowling.

2.) IIRC, Dale Walker has a map available through his website. I wonder if the other slip-on manufacturers do also provide a map? There are a number of "maps" that owners are using. One assumes you used Google:

Good point......... I guess im weird like that.... I feel ya, I'm a firm believer that you can find anything you ever wanted to know on the net... There is NO DOUBT that there is the answer im looking for somewhere on the Internet... UNFORTUNATLY I work seven days a week and don't have a lot of 'down time' to look and find what im looking for on the net..... I have found over the last ten years in the bike business that on most forums someone will probably be cool about it, get right to the point and answer the question because they know the answer. Some are honestly looking and willing to help, others are just douchebags that are like a broken record "use the search"... LOL

NOT implying you,,,, Ive just seen it a Billion times on this forum...... :) :)

Love this place ! :)

PC III site:fjrforum.com

Power Commander site:fjrforum.com

It looks to me like there is a wealth of information in those libraries. One would think that your open question will only garner a rehash of what has been written before but what do I know, the OEM stealth version works for me.

Good point......... I guess im weird like that.... I feel ya, I'm a firm believer that you can find anything you ever wanted to know on the net... There is NO DOUBT that there is the answer im looking for somewhere on the Internet... UNFORTUNATLY I work seven days a week and don't have a lot of 'down time' to look and find what im looking for on the net..... I have found over the last ten years in the bike business that on most forums someone will probably be cool about
Yep, I understand. I work 7 days in 5 (11-13 hours a day) so my "downtime" is also precious. I do know how to search and find things so I usually help by providing a link rather than just "chiding" someone for not using the search function.

Teaching a someone HOW to fish......... etc., etc., etc.

The Google method: question <space>fjrforum.com, will normally find the answer to your quest for knowledge.

Two banger??!!! Someone else out there has a Yamaha RZ-350??!! what... oh well... :eek:hwell:

[

Good point......... I guess im weird like that.... I feel ya, I'm a firm believer that you can find anything you ever wanted to know on the net... There is NO DOUBT that there is the answer im looking for somewhere on the Internet... UNFORTUNATLY I work seven days a week and don't have a lot of 'down time' to look and find what im looking for on the net..... I have found over the last ten years in the bike business that on most forums someone will probably be cool about it, get right to the point and answer the question because they know the answer. Some are honestly looking and willing to help, others are just douchebags that are like a broken record "use the search"... LOL

Or your just a lazy bitch !! :D

Try this for searches. It does the job with out needing the picky specifics of the forum search engine.FJR Google search engine
I like this search feature myself.

I thought you'd gone out and bought a Harley, but I peeked in anyway....

[

Or your just a lazy bitch !! :D

How did you know... ? LOL

Good point......... I guess im weird like that.... I feel ya, I'm a firm believer that you can find anything you ever wanted to know on the net... There is NO DOUBT that there is the answer im looking for somewhere on the Internet... UNFORTUNATLY I work seven days a week and don't have a lot of 'down time' to look and find what im looking for on the net..... I have found over the last ten years in the bike business that on most forums someone will probably be cool about
Yep, I understand. I work 7 days in 5 (11-13 hours a day) so my "downtime" is also precious. I do know how to search and find things so I usually help by providing a link rather than just "chiding" someone for not using the search function.

Teaching a someone HOW to fish......... etc., etc., etc.

The Google method: question <space>fjrforum.com, will normally find the answer to your quest for knowledge.

Im just a retard... After a few more years I should know how to work the 'forum'... :) Thanks for your help !