Ixon Diablo Ballistic jacket..... GARBAGE!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leskid

Reaction score
I just posted this a minute ago but it didn't show.. sorry if this shows-up twice

preface: I bought my FJR 2 weeks ago and panic-shopped at the dealer for suitable his & hers jackets. The Ixon Diablo looked reasonably sharp and was all they really had. On day 1, I hate them. It's like jogging across the desert wearing a garbage bag.

2 weeks later: I had to cross town earlier to get to my buddies place, as we track-prepped and loaded the scoots on the truck so we can be out of MTL at 6:15 tomorrow AM. Started raining lightly when I left.. who cares. After the 20 minute hop, I took off the coat and we retired to the garage. So I just got back home and went in my jacket pocket to grab my $500 blackberry. I reached into the pocket and it was 1/2 full. I mean that literally. My blackberry was in a bath for a couple hours so of course, it's toast.

It seems they engineered their lack of ventilation to the point of water-proofing the whole thing. And how the #@*&% can a jacket pocket FILL-UP riding 20 minutes in light rain?!?!?!?

I took a pic of a blackberry with full vapor-cloud on the screen but can't seem to post it. Error says: Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

It's not my day

Nightmare.

I've used many brands and now swear by CyclePort gear.

Then again, CP uses 'inner liners' so if you have expendables in the outer wear, they too will perish..

If I lived in true rain country, I might have a different choice of gear.

If I'm riding into the possibility of heavy rains, I carry an extra outer rain suit, and tuck all electronic gear into dry places.

+1 on Cycleport.

I just posted this a minute ago but it didn't show.. sorry if this shows-up twice..SNIP..

So I just got back home and went in my jacket pocket to grab my $500 blackberry. I reached into the pocket and it was 1/2 full. I mean that literally. My blackberry was in a bath for a couple hours so of course, it's toast.

...SNIP..

Sorry for the loss...however, if you had $500.00 invested in a crackberry, you were already screwed.

With a jacket named after the devil :diablo: whadya expect? And Crackberry's are of the devil, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when I carried a RAZR phone, I was always dropping them. They'd basically just fall out of the holster while I was walking. Usually had a cracked or broken glass faceplate in between new ones from eBay.

Carried it in the phone pocket of my Cortech HRX jacket, and on a ride my brother and I were on one fine August day we went into some rain. Rather than gear up we allowed ourselves to get soaked for the relief from the heat, as we were only 15 minutes from home. I'd forgotten about the phone, but no worries, it was dry and 100% functional.

So some phone pockets actually work.

Ziplock bags wok well.
Been carrying zip locks since the five days of rain at SFO. My GPS is a cheap car one, so have to slip the bag over it when it rains. With a fancy description, we could probably market them to the beemer crowd for five bucks a piece. ^_^

Dry off the Blackberry to the best of your ability, open up the power supply compartment, and any others you easily can, then put it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours. The rice will pull the moisture out w/o damaging the unit. If it's going to come back, this will do it. Good luck.

Dry off the Blackberry to the best of your ability, open up the power supply compartment, and any others you easily can, then put it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours. The rice will pull the moisture out w/o damaging the unit. If it's going to come back, this will do it. Good luck.

happy ending

the lowest wattage bulb at my place is the 15W over the stove. I rigged-up numerous kitchen supplies to put the flooded blackberry 4-5" under that bulb to gradually warm it up and evaporate any internal moisture. After 12 hours in the warm-zone, success. It's back!

thanks to all