• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

J&M 2003 CB (Rider only) $100 plus shipping OBO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
***** SOLD *****

I recently removed this J&M unit from my '03 prior to selling her. It is complete, including the FJR mount (with spacers and screws), antenna, etc. and works perfectly, with one caveat.

I do not have a J&M headset in my helmet, but rather use several Nolan with NCOM Bluetooth communication systems installed. I have modified the headset plug to accept a Honda Goldwing 5-pin DIN plug. I believe that I have all of the original parts, so I believe that this could be restored to accept a J&M headset, but I am not interested in spending the time to make that happen. This system worked great for me because it allowed me to use the wireless NCOM Bluetooth connection to the phone (overrides everything else) but have a wired connection to CB, weather radio and my GPS's via an Amplifier and the J&M unit.

I will include the antenna mount which attaches to the license plate (for use if Yu do not use a top case) and the one I actually used which mounts beneath the top case out to the right hand side.

Also included is the MP3 cable to allow an additional music source to be amplified and volume controlled by the J&M unit.

I would be happy to discuss or provide pictures or answers via email ([email protected]) or phone (903-624-1474)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen your bike on your website and was amazed that you could run all that electric gear on a 2003. Any secrets as to how you did this without overloading the stator?

I just picked up a 2003 and would like to hook up my Warm and Safe 90w liner and 30w gloves without toasting the stator like I did on my old Street Triple.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the FJR! My '03 was my favorite bike ever.

I installed a voltmeter (you can see that install on my site) and watched it very closely. The only time I'd get a bit nervous was with all lights at full plus my W'nS liner and gloves. Usually decided to make some choices. Using LED lighting is a must, and I used an ADVMonster dimmer to decrease even that lower power draw a bit for most travel.

Ride safe!