J&M Bluetooth Helmet Headset + Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeFJR06

Reaction score
I was at Niehaus Customer Appreciation Days (Litchfiled, IL) this weekend and talked to a J&M Representative. I was looking for some Audio gear for my helmet. I stopped at the J&M table and the Representative asked me what kind of bike I had. When I told him, he mentioned a guy's name having the same bike and here is what he uses. At this point the Rep hands me a brochure and just so happens setting the table was a Arai Profile helmet just like mine with their new Bluetooth setup. He gave me his sales pitch which sounded good and I brought the brochure home. As I was looking at it today, I noticed that the pictures in it show an 06 FJR. I wondered if it was someone on this forum? Anyone?

So here's my real question. This is the setup that I am contemplating here. A Gamin Zumo 550 with the J&M Bluetooth Headset. Does anyone here have the same combination or use the J&M System with another Bluetooth Device? I would also contemplate getting a headset for my wife and we can connect the two together and chat when needed. Are J&M Products any good? I don't have any experience with them. This system seemed perfect since I have no Audiocom device or anything like that.

Just looking for some feedback at this point.

I know of at least four(4), count them four!, Bluetooth helmet headphone systems due to release this month. I would wait unless you really like the Arai helmet.

I prefer HJC lids and am waiting for the newer offerings of Bluetooth. Just bought the Zumo 550 it's Bluetooth connectivity is good so far. Have not found a microphone setup that is useable on the bike yet.

I know of at least four(4), count them four!, Bluetooth helmet headphone systems due to release this month. I would wait unless you really like the Arai helmet.
I prefer HJC lids and am waiting for the newer offerings of Bluetooth. Just bought the Zumo 550 it's Bluetooth connectivity is good so far. Have not found a microphone setup that is useable on the bike yet.
Here is the Starcom offering:

zumo headset at SportbikeEffects

I've got an older J&M unit and IMHO J&M is at least on of the best (and one of the priciest) . A lot of the forum members have others including Starcom and I have seen lots of posts with problems with Starcom and others (and posts of how helpful Bike Effects has been helping them with Starcom units).

Do tell more! Problem I have seen is the ones I have looked at won't work with the flipups like Schubert's C2 like the wife has :angry: I don't want wires don't care about radio, GPS other riders just want to talk to my wife..WTFF I don't know :dribble:

cary

A little OT:

I was at Niehaus days on Saturday morning

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SO MANY GoldWINGS IN SUCH A SMALL AREA??

Kinda creepy if you ask me. :alien:

I only felt a little out of place :dwarf:

I was at Niehaus Customer Appreciation Days (Litchfiled, IL) this weekend and talked to a J&M Representative. I was looking for some Audio gear for my helmet. I stopped at the J&M table and the Representative asked me what kind of bike I had. When I told him, he mentioned a guy's name having the same bike and here is what he uses. At this point the Rep hands me a brochure and just so happens setting the table was a Arai Profile helmet just like mine with their new Bluetooth setup. He gave me his sales pitch which sounded good and I brought the brochure home. As I was looking at it today, I noticed that the pictures in it show an 06 FJR. I wondered if it was someone on this forum? Anyone?
So here's my real question. This is the setup that I am contemplating here. A Gamin Zumo 550 with the J&M Bluetooth Headset. Does anyone here have the same combination or use the J&M System with another Bluetooth Device? I would also contemplate getting a headset for my wife and we can connect the two together and chat when needed. Are J&M Products any good? I don't have any experience with them. This system seemed perfect since I have no Audiocom device or anything like that.

Just looking for some feedback at this point.
The owner of J&M (based in Tucson,AZ) has an FJR, probably his in the brochure, really very helpful people.

A little OT:
I was at Niehaus days on Saturday morning

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SO MANY GoldWINGS IN SUCH A SMALL AREA??

Kinda creepy if you ask me. :alien:

I only felt a little out of place :dwarf:
Yeah......good thing there's a Dairy Queen close by! :lol:

Latest posts