J&M CB 2003 Headset Socket Mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignFlaw06

Reaction score
I've pretty much decided I'm getting the J&M CB setup. And because the Bluetooth setup is less than ideal, I think I'm going wired. I think it'll make more sense in the long run. But I haven't seen any good system for actually hooking up to the helmet to the bike. The only setups I've seen just have the socket dangling from the bike. Is there a better option? What about for the passenger, since I plan on getting the dual setup? I've done the Google search and I either suck at it, or there just isn't much on the subject. Any help, opinions, or especially pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

I've pretty much decided I'm getting the J&M CB setup. And because the Bluetooth setup is less than ideal, I think I'm going wired. I think it'll make more sense in the long run. But I haven't seen any good system for actually hooking up to the helmet to the bike. The only setups I've seen just have the socket dangling from the bike. Is there a better option? What about for the passenger, since I plan on getting the dual setup? I've done the Google search and I either suck at it, or there just isn't much on the subject. Any help, opinions, or especially pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Tim
I've had this setup since 2002 and we use the dangle technique. Actually in normal use you have the socket and the lower cord "dangling". The connection that we "plug" into is at the end of the short lead that hangs off the helmet. It actually works quite well. If you don't do it this way, then you'll have the lower cord dangling off your helmet when you're unplugged.

Thanks,

Tim

I just installed the J&M setup on mine and the hookup is "dangling". Took it on a short, 550 mile trip with a friend (that has a CB also) to check it out.

I am waiting for a tank bra and was going to have something sewed onto that to hold the bike-side cord, but haven't really got that far. Right now, it's just coming out between the seat and tank; doesn't seem to be a problem.