J&M CB installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
Added J&M CB recently.

Installation took about 2-1/2 hours including connecting to battery and routing antenna and passenger headset cables to rear of bike.

install instructions were meager, OK for me since I do a lot of bike work but should be better.

Bracket for mounting the unit on FJR was $40. seems excessive especially since the stand-offs provided wouldn't fit in the clutch perch mounting bracket and I had to make my own. (for $40 everything should be PERFECT!)

functionally it works fine. CB transmissions are clear even at speed. still have to test the intercom function.

Aux input from MP3 also works as you'd expect.

overall a good unit and reasonably priced.

I want one, however I dont think it is reasonably priced for a CB radio...but they have the market cornered.

Added J&M CB recently.
Installation took about 2-1/2 hours including connecting to battery and routing antenna and passenger headset cables to rear of bike.

install instructions were meager, OK for me since I do a lot of bike work but should be better.

Bracket for mounting the unit on FJR was $40. seems excessive especially since the stand-offs provided wouldn't fit in the clutch perch mounting bracket and I had to make my own. (for $40 everything should be PERFECT!)

functionally it works fine. CB transmissions are clear even at speed. still have to test the intercom function.

Aux input from MP3 also works as you'd expect.

overall a good unit and reasonably priced.
Any pics of the installed product? (Really looking for pics of antenna mount and where you located your rider/passenger cable hookups) Good info on there mounting bracket. What length antenna did you go with?

Thanks