Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question here is if you get a call, where is the microphone so the calling party can hear you?

And how does this work on a motorcycle?

KM

My question here is if you get a call, where is the microphone so the calling party can hear you?

And how does this work on a motorcycle?

KM
I have never had bluetooth on a bike. I am guessing that a person would need an earpiece and microphone to do it. I think it would be similar to using it on a GPS?

He's looking at the picture of it on their site, and wondering where the mic is. It's not apparent.

The set is like many wired phone headsets in that there is a wire to each ear, and a big clip that appears to be designed for a shirt collar. If that's the mic, how does one use it on a bike? I think that's his question. That clip would have to be stuffed up in the helmet sopmewhere.

I suspect the "Clipper" is not very well suited to conducting phone calls on a bike. I have the S plug Ear Canal Phones from Plug-up.com, and I thought the Clipper might be good for connecting my earbuds to my Garmin. One of the reviews I read said the Clipper lasted 6 hours for talk time and 8 hours standby, so I doubt it would get you through a full day of travel.

... I have the S plug Ear Canal Phones from Plug-up.com, and I thought the Clipper might be good for connecting my earbuds to my Garmin. One of the reviews I read said the Clipper lasted 6 hours for talk time and 8 hours standby, so I doubt it would get you through a full day of travel.

Was kinda my thought too, as the info on the unit says you can use your own earphones...(I use a set of ER6i's)

Mostly my thought was using it for short trips, or general commuting where I did not wish to take my GPS....but still wanted to listen to my MP3's. I have a few gigs of them loaded on my phone, so although I can just plug my headphones in to the phone, they do not allow me to talk if I get a call. The phone does send stereo music via bluetooth, so as a wireless music option this might be nice.

I really was not thinking of stuffing the thing in my helmet to make calls, but the idea that if I did get a call while on the bike, I could pull over and talk having the clip (if it does contain the microphone) on the inside of my collar or something...so I don't have to remove my helmet to take the call.

The major use would be just for listening to music at work, without having to yank the earpieces to make or receive a call. I currently use a wired set of earphones, that have a built in mic simular to an inline volume controll on the cord. (But they are too bulky for the bike) They work well, but you still have to be able to get to the phone to take a call or hang up.

Guess I will stop by a the phone store and check one out....

KM

Last edited by a moderator: