Joe Rocket nova 2.0

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
I've been looking for a versitile jacket thats waterproof, has good airflow, and can be worn for some warmth when the weather takes a dive. Joe rockets got this new jacket out that appears to be everything i was looking for. i was wondering if anyone out there has purchased one of these jackets and can give me some feedback. Fit is always an issue since i'm short 5'6".

thanx

Greygoose

+1

Also the Fieldsheer gear is considerably less expensive than the Joe R stuff. I've never quite understood that.

The only knock I have on Fieldsheer is their sizing is all wonky. It's all good if you can actually try the stuff on. 2nd best if you can read reviews where people tell you what actual physical size a particular marked size on a particular model item fits.

For instance: I am selling off a brand new Fieldsheer Johnny Cool TX jacket marked as an XL that is actually a Medium. I cxan see being off one size, but two? :blink:

I own 3 other Fieldsheer jackets, all size Large, that all fit me just fine (I'm between a 44 and 46). But another Fieldsheer jacket I bought on closeout had similar problems (but only 1 size too small). Same thing has happened to me with their gloves, marked XL and they were L or M.. Not sure what their problem is with these sizes, but they should really figure it out, because otherwise they make nice gear.

First Gear is good stuff, but they use shitty armor pieces. You end up having to replace it all to get CE quality protection.

Last edited by a moderator: