Joe Rocket 'Riot' Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
Picked up a Joe Rocket 'Riot' jacket. My primary interest in this was it's construction and our 100+ temps. The jacket can be seen here. Main body construction is what they call "free-air polly mesh," with external CE armor on shoulders, elbows, and back.

The jacket is extremely light and affords very easy mobility. Air flow is excellent, with exception to the back-armor area. However, it is still black and sitting at a red light becomes a little warm. Not unbearable, but you're gonna sweat.

Now the downs: There are NO pockets.

DON'T get caught in the rain.

I got caught in a small shower coming in to work today. This jacket has Zero water-shedding ability and the material actually ABSORBS the water. And unlike some mesh jackets, this material wants to retain this water. This thing is still dripping water as we speak. And this was probably only 1 mile of travel in a light-to-medium shower. Not a deal breaker, but this jacket will require a quick rain-plan be at hand.

Overall - I like the jacket's fit, weight, and air flow. I think the jacket could be quickly adapted for cooler weather with the addition of a wind-breaker or equivalent over the top. We'll see.

Both of my mesh jackets are similar, except pads on the inside.

The both absorb water like a sponge. One has a 'water-proof' line that's like a garbage bag, it doesn't breath and goes on the inside, which is good after the jacket is a big dropping sponge because it took you too long to pull over.

Using the liner as a wind block on chilly mornings is reasonable.

But the best bet is to get covered up before you get wet, I use Toggs for that.

Edit: No pockets would be a deal breaker for me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
DON'T get caught in the rain.I got caught in a small shower coming in to work today. This jacket has Zero water-shedding ability and the material actually ABSORBS the water. And unlike some mesh jackets, this material wants to retain this water. This thing is still dripping water as we speak.
Sheesh! how'd ya notice. I've always thought you were "all wet" :yahoo:

:jester:

Overall - I like the jacket's fit, weight, and air flow. I think the jacket could be quickly adapted for cooler weather with the addition of a wind-breaker or equivalent over the top. We'll see.
Your wife rides, yeah? Why don't you have her hike you up to 90 or so, then dive off the back and slide in safe on some nice wide deserted slab, then get back to us on how it fares.

Don't forget to video....