Joined the club - finally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greywolf

Reaction score
Well after many years of waiting , I finally bought a new 09 FJR . 2 local dealers had them on clearance , one was $1000 less and I got 1.99 % financing so hard to pass up . I pick her up next Saturday as I'm on 24x7 pager duty this week and am anchored down.

Thanks to all the forum members for such great informative posts.

Congratulations on the new Steed, sucks to have to be in waiting for a week....

Oh well, you can print up all the How To stuff and create your binder of bin'o facts and farkle' add on's...

Well done! Now, send us some pics with you on it, or it sitting in your driveway. Not that we all don't know what an FJR looks like, we just like to see another happy owner.................

Well after many years of waiting , I finally bought a new 09 FJR . 2 local dealers had them on clearance , one was $1000 less and I got 1.99 % financing so hard to pass up . I pick her up next Saturday as I'm on 24x7 pager duty this week and am anchored down.
Thanks to all the forum members for such great informative posts.
Congrats..

Picked up my 09 yesterday.. Put on 150miles today..Getting ready to put on another 600mi the end of this month(Rolling Thunder in DC).. You are going to love ur new ride... Just curious, Did you get the YES extended warranty?.. My dealer here in NH really wanted to get rid of the 09.. Made him put OEM Heated Handgrips on at no cost..

Ride Safe!!!..

Mark

I've been a fan of the FJ series dating back to the "velvet hammer" days of the FJ1100 , it's been a wonderful evolution.

I've had friends that have owned various models of all the versions , the latest being an 07. Reading through the various forums for the last year has been a good way to tip the handle. I'd considered the K1300S/GT having had an earlier K /S model . I'm quite happy with the choice.

I'll post pics after I get a few miles on her. As far as the YES , I haven't purchased it yet . Will either get it locally or through D&H .

Keep the rubber side down

jt

Very excited for you! Congrats!

A few suggestions:

- Start a physical file for "FJR Receipts". It will quickly see activity.

- Call your credit card company and be sure there is a "Ship To" address on the credit card. One of the first farkles I ordered was delayed because I didn't have an authorized Ship To address on the card.

- Start a list of all the farkles you want to do. Prioritize them and start knocking 'em out one by one.

- Feel free to cuss at the stock seat and windshield.

- Don't be shocked when young hot girls start making comments about the bike.

- Don't be shocked when your friends and co-workers become jealous.

- And finally, just ride it!!

Grey Wolf,

Welcome. I bought my '03 in Feb. '03 and just turned it over 60,000. Rode it 270 miles on Saturday and probably enjoyed it as much as the first 270 I put on it. Not only do you have a grerat ride, but it is one that will keep on giving for as long as you want.

Have fun, be safe. Congratulations.

I'm quite use to add on's .. my other bike has about $7K in them already.. So far I've just got a new windshield on order.

I'm sure more to come , I'm fond of the Corbin Smuggler, and have had Corbins on my last 2 bikes .. so that is likely next .

Thanks to all.

- Feel free to cuss at the stock seat and windshield. - Don't be shocked when young hot girls start making comments about the bike.

- Don't be shocked when your friends and co-workers become jealous.

- And finally, just ride it!!
That is so funny! It DOES happen as you say. I just got my new 2010 this past weekend and was riding down a long 2 lane road staying ahead of a car that like to stay on my tail. When we stopped at the stop light, they were turning left in the turn lane and came up beside me. A cute blond rolled down window and says "I like your motorcycle!".

And while putting the close to 500 miles in the last two days, the bike has turned many, many heads in traffic.

Makes me feel young again! Yoohoo! LOL :yahoo:

-David

My initial ride was incredible , I've never been in or on anything with such great handling and performance. Even limiting to under 5K the engine is a work of art. I can only imagine the post break-in rush when I tap the upper end power.

The ergo's need work , but all that's on order . Corbin/Heli Triple clamps/Grip Puppies/ CEE Bailey

2nd ride today . Thanks to all on the forum for the wonderful insights .