Just installed Hyper-Lites...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMRoadRunner

A Bulls work is never done!
Reaction score
:clapping: I just installed the Hyper-Lites brake kit on the "07" the one with 16 LEDs. took about an hour start to finish. Nice! I can't discribe how well the "light things up" I'll be alot less worried coming to a stop from now on, they sure grab your attention. I mounted them on the rear fender on each side of the top of the licsence plate in the little flat spots there. they fit like they came from the factory that way. :yahoo:

:clapping: I just installed the Hyper-Lites brake kit on the "07" the one with 16 LEDs. took about an hour start to finish. Nice! I can't discribe how well the "light things up" I'll be alot less worried coming to a stop from now on, they sure grab your attention. I mounted them on the rear fender on each side of the top of the licsence plate in the little flat spots there. they fit like they came from the factory that way. :yahoo:
What's the cost. Let's see some pics!

I have these on mine. I always get major props from people who ride behind me that I am very visible when braking.

I have mine set to "always flashing" when the brakes are applied. Frig the law, I want to live.

-BD

This is how I mounted mine - I would never own another bike without them. I think they work great!

HyperLite1a.jpg

HyperLite2a.jpg

Not sure this is how the thread author did it, but here was mine I just finished this evening. With these 2x8 segment lights I found drilling the corners of the plate bracket I could fit about 2/3 of the segment on it. Definitely a big improvement for visibility with those flashers.

MW084057b.JPG

Dale, Can I split the brake circuit and still install an MCCruise without electrical gremlins popping up?
Don't "split" anything. Wire both directly to the brake wire, which has +12V on it when the brakes are applied. Make sure that only the hyperlites connect to the flasher module.

-BD

Hyperlites make a huge difference. Although I chose not to modulate my hyperlites - I modulated the brake lights instead...

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed mine about a year ago, love em...
bike003.jpg

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

I have the same set up on my bike; (two 2X4 light sets mounted each side of the license plate). I was so impressed when I say the difference they made on FJRay’s bike I ordered them the first day I saw them. I could not believe the difference the light make even during the day.

The double 2X8 setup looks just “mo gooder”

I left mine configured so that they continue to flash while the brake is on. I have heard that some states prohibit the use of continuously flashing lights. I rationalized that they would be no different than the emergency flashers….. except of course much brighter.

Anyone aware of any state laws prohibiting having brake lights that continue to flash as long as the brake is engaged?

PS no photos on mine right now..... We had 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and my battery is out of my bike and on the battery tender for a couple more months.....