Just joined the FJR community

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cort

I have sold my Yamaha Royal Star (too big and lumbering) and bought an 05 FJR. I am blown away by its responsiveness but I need some direction. Where is the best place to go for handlebar risers and are there risers that also bring the bars back an inch or so?

Also are grip heaters available for the 05?

What about additional lights and brake light flashers?

Cruise control?

Where's the best place to shop on line?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the road.

Evergreen, CO :rolleyes:

I have sold my Yamaha Royal Star (too big and lumbering) and bought an 05 FJR. I am blown away by its responsiveness but I need some direction. Where is the best place to go for handlebar risers and are there risers that also bring the bars back an inch or so?Also are grip heaters available for the 05?

What about additional lights and brake light flashers?

Cruise control?

Where's the best place to shop on line?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the road.

Evergreen, CO :rolleyes:
cort,

welcome. ya did a good thing. i've only had my fjr for two weeks, and it's better every ride.

look farther down the board. everything you want is here, and with LOTS of research and opinons. there's even a classifieds where you can pick up some farkles cheap if you're quick.

spend some time looking around here. you won't believe the depth of information available.

watch that power above 5K if you been on a big fat cruiser like i was. you can get HOOKED on thrust...

shu

May I suggest you get some miles on your new FJR before you get the risers? You might adjust to the new position and train the muscles to ride just fine with the stock bars. Then again, you might not. I'm only saying this because I've heard of a few people buy risers and then ride the FJR enough without the risers to realize that they didn't need/want them. My two cents, that's all.

Oh, and welcome.

ditto what boardsnbikes said.

i just came over from the cruiser side, and i was SURE i would need risers. still only about 100 miles, but i am getting really used to this seating position. i have my bars on the "back" notch, which doesn't move them much, and then i tend to hug the tank pretty close. but i find i can ride more miles at a stretch with my funky lower back than i could on my big ol fat valkyrie, custom saddle and all...

have fun. ride safe.

shu

shu said:
still only about 100 miles
that's 1000 miles :blink: . i've only had her a couple weeks.

shu

Welcome to the party Cort. Don't worry about Baron von Posthofen, he needs to get his post count up, so will respond to anything on the forum. :D

There are only a couple of real cruise control units available. The most popular is the Audiovox version that's a generic do it yourself type. Plenty of directions and advice on the various boards and forums on this route, available at the local Auto Zone for around $100.

The other is Mc Cruise motorcycle cruise controls which sells a pretty nice kit, made for the FJR, but expensive. It's still an auto style cruise control adapted for motorcycle use, just comes with a nice control unit and complete instructions.

The rest of the stuff can be had many places. Have fun farkling the new bike.

I just installled a Brakeaway cruise control. Works really well. Actuates by thumb and disenagages by thumb or brake lever.

I just installed the cruise control unit from MC Cruise on my '06 and it works GREAT! The kit is set up specifically for the FJR and plugs right into the factory wiring harness.

Last edited:
i have my bars on the "back" notch
Shu,

Cort said he had a 2005, so no adjustment on the bars.

I have a 2005 as well, and am currently using D&D

risers (3/4" up AND back, if memory serves, I really

can't remember; someone correct me...they're the

standard D&D risers)

Anyhow, the search engine IS your friend

(Anyone got the link to D&D's website?)

Congrats on the new bike, Cort, and best of luck on your

farkles...ride safe.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed the cruise control unit from MC Cruise on my '06 and it works GREAT! The kit is set up specifically for the FJR and plugs right into the factory wiring harness.

Yikes! At $480 plus shipping plus tools and wiring harness, it better be great. In fact, at that price, it should include Cindy Crawford in a skimpy bikini installing it for me too.

I have the D&D risers, and I believe they are about the finest of all the many optional risers available.

Their web site: D&D Bar Risers for the FJR1300

Here there are on Hirschjager, after being powder-coated a Diamond Black gloss finish:

SeamlessRisers.jpg

AssembledSteering.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts