Just Ordered New Holeshot Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DailyCommuter

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Reaction score
After emaiing back and forth a bit with Dale I finally got off my ass and ordered the new polished cans for my Feej. Now I can't wait to get them. Thanks for you help Dale. I will post Install pix when I get them. I will also provide before and after video clips with sound so eveyone can hear the difference.

We'uns mostly alreddy herd'em. Iffen yew wuz a mite closer yew kudda barreed mine fer a spell thuh hep yuh mek up yer mind. En fack, eye jist took'em offen my murdersickle tuh try thet sneaky-snake "stelth" moad fer uhwile.

Eye sher dew hope yew like'm. They makes thet motor soun' purdy gude.

I have the complete Holeshot system on my bike and love it. In fact, Dale has my bike pictured on the Holeshot website under "FJR 1300 Owner Testimonials". I think you're gonna love the way your bike growls with the new cans.

I think you're gonna love the way your bike growls with the new cans.
You're right about that! I just about knocked down the UPS guy getting my box today..

Had 'em on in 14 minutes.. Love 'em Here's some pics'

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

I think I will buy a power commander now that I have a reason to... :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Love to stay and chat but I'm going for a run down to 08FJRFORME's house for my PAIR covers now.... see ya.. :bike:

Wow. Forgot how good those things look when brand new.

I have about 165,000 miles and multiple crashes on mine. They don't look so good anymore.

Still sound good though!

Yeah, so its 5 days later and I've decided,(couple days ago) that I'm going to go ahead and order the rest of the full system. PCIII is on the way from Bike Effects, and the Header is now on the way from Holeshot Performance. Should have everything in house and installed on Thursday this week. :yahoo: Now take this damn credit card and burn it, before I do something stupid. :rolleyes: Oh Man I can hardly wait for this.

Uh-oh. Next time I order something I will. How much louder is it with this header? Compared to just the slip ons on stock header. I like the rumble I have now. How (where) do the baffles go in anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be SIGNIFICANTLY louder with the header. Don't get me wrong, it will sound great. But LOUD.

I don't know how the baffle works. Dale started providing it when peeps started complaining about the LOUD noise with header and slip-on combo. I've never actually seen one, nor have I heard how well it works.

I have a PM out to RiderCoachLar about the baffles. Maybe if Dale happens across this he'll chime in.

I just looked at them on Dale's site. I get it they go right in the tips. Looks like I can put em in and out without taking anything else apart so I'll get them later. Got to run it loud for a while first. :devil:

I've had Dale's cans on my bike for some time now and absolutley love them. I have been wanting to get the header as well. I just havn't come up with a good enough reason for them that will sell the wife on the idea!

I'd love to hear the difference between just the slip ons and the full system if you can find the time to post some video!

Ok fair enough. I will do that for ya. A video and audio of just the cans on the stock header. And one with the HoleShot header and cans. Check back here Thursday Night for the results.

Well the new header is installed, and when SkooterG says,

It will be SIGNIFICANTLY louder with the header. Don't get me wrong, it will sound great. But LOUD.
, Its the damn truth. Wow I swear if I rode past a bunch of harleys, (which seems to be the case always, ridin past 'em :rolleyes: ) They'd be looking for one of their own.Alright thats a bit of an exageration but its loud, lots louder than just the cans on the stock header. Man you want to talk about a growl, Holy Shit this thing ROARS. I LOVE IT!!!! The best part is my wife loves it too. She thinks its funny that when I roll in at 2AM from work, it'll wake the neighbors,(and the neighbors' neighbors). She doesn't like the neighbors, so I get to spend money on cool shit to piss them off. Sounds like a win win to me! :yahoo: Heres some more Pictures.

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

I'll work on getting the video with sound, my little camera isn't going to do the sound justice.I'll have to use a real video camera for it.

Can you say, LOUD?
Make sure you get his quiet core baffle, or whatever he calls it.

I can only emphasize this a little more. Skooter is right. These are loud. I swear its like riding a ventriloquist bike throwing a Harley's voice. LOL I love it.

I'll work on getting the video with sound, my little camera isn't going to do the sound justice.I'll have to use a real video camera for it.

Congrats on the new system - Looks great and I bet it does roar -

I just did the 2Bros titanium slip-ons with the P1R difusser - I went back and forth and ended up with the Bros - Looks and sounds GREAT!!!!!