kaoko throttle control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Kaoko on my Strom and the throttlemeister on the FJR and BMW. Both work fine, but I prefer the TM's - they're smoother, more precise, and better made. Also, some on advrider.com have long backorders and non-responsiveness from AW.

- Mark

has anyone tried the kaoko throttle control sold by adventurers workshop?how does it compare with the throttlemeister? any reviews?

I have used one on my FJR for the past few years. I prefer this to the throttlemeister. It is easy to apply and install and I prefer it's simple design. I bought one for my Wee Strom as well.

I will also tell you that Andrew Fekete at Adventurers Workshop is first rate. When I ordered my second one his website told me that there would be a delay as the item was out of stock. I was fine with this. I then rode my Wee to the BMW MOA Nat'l in West Bend, WI and found Adventurers Workshop was there as a vendor. I noticed that they had a Kaoko throttle control for my Wee. I thought maybe if I asked I could swap this one for the one I had ordered (it had arrived the day after I left home). I approached Andrew with my idea and he actually offered to do just that before I could ask. He told me to pull my bike over and he would install it, then just send the one I had ordered back. He didn't ask for my name, number, a credit card nothing. In my experience it is very hard to find a vendor these days that would do such a thing. I fully expected him to give me some BS excuse why he couldn't make this happen. Instead he knew what I was thinking and made my ride home much more enjoyable.

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

IBA# 328