KBC helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I just purchased a KBC modular helmet, I'm experiencing a whisling noise in the helmet which annoyning, I know it's the wind, I never rode with a full face helmet before just wondering if this is normal? This happens when the visor is in the full up position.

I can't speak for the KBC but having had Arai full face and a couple of modular HJC's, the latest being a SymaxII I've found that the modular helmets are usually noiser. I think that it's the wind blowing over the seams where the front of the helmet pivots. The best solution that I've found is to use foam earplugs.

NYPete

I just purchased a KBC modular helmet, I'm experiencing a whisling noise in the helmet which annoyning, I know it's the wind, I never rode with a full face helmet before just wondering if this is normal? This happens when the visor is in the full up position.

Then close the visor. It is there to protect your eyes in case you did not know this.

:headbonk:

The only time I open mine all the way is when I am not moving waiting at a traffic light.

KM

I've got a new kbc modular sitting on the shelf. Too tight on my cheeks, that and it is a little noisier than I liked. I think it could be a cooler helmet to wear, but I couldn't get past it making my jaw ache.