Key for 07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinnipegTechGuy

Reaction score
Lost a set of keys DAMN.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a chipped key for an 07 without going to the dealer. I am sure they will want the first born or one my nuggets.

:dribble: :blink: :dribble:

We don't have that problem here in the States, we can't get Yamaha's Immobilizer at any cost. Yamaha has got ya for big bucks to get a new key, no other options.

This thread will show you why WinnipegTechGuy is feeling a bit raped. I think WinnipegTechGuy should add this to twowheelnut 's thread about The 'Most Ridiculously Priced Part' .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the red key THANK GOD... Just need to replace the black one.

Getting tired of getting POOCHED by my local Yamaha Dealer. Prices are just stupid. :angry2:

I wonder if University Motors could score one for an overcharged Canadian.

I have the red key THANK GOD... Just need to replace the black one.
Getting tired of getting POOCHED by my local Yamaha Dealer. Prices are just stupid. :angry2:

I wonder if University Motors could score one for an overcharged Canadian.

Followup:

Finally got off my ass and checked in with the dealer on the price of a chipped key and it was only $30.00 (not bad at all). Had visions of $200.00 and change for the key and $200.00 for programming.

Key has been about the cheapest thing I have pruchased from them. Go figure. Actually bought another key off the guy on eBay as suggested for a $1.00. Cost me $25.00 shipping form Asia... :blink:

Anyway will follow up this post with the key coding info when I get it from the dealer. Supposed to be able to do it yourself.

Latest posts