Kisan Signalminder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallara

Reaction score
Hey, folks...

One of the things I cannot understand about Yamaha is why they did not include self-cancelling turn signals on the FJR. I mean, how tough can it be? They have other models with self-cancelling signals, right?

And if Kisan can make a self-cancelling module and sell it retail for a hundred bucks then Yamaha could have easily added the convenience to the FJR for about $15-$20 per unit, max. It's a real mystery to me why Yamaha wouldn't have such a feature on their premier sport touring platform (and I wonder the same thing about why it doesn't come stand with cruise control like BMW R1200RT's and K1200GT's).

Anyway, I have a Kisan Signalminder, which works wonderfully BTW, on my BMW R1150R, and I would love to add one to my FJR. Kisan lists Signalminder's on their site for 2003 - 2005 FJR's, but not for the 2006 yet. I imagine the very same SM-3 unit that works on the previous years will work just fine on the '06's, but before I bought one I thought I should ask here how well Kisan Signalminder's work on Yamaha products...

So, any of you have Kisan Signalminder's on your FJR's, and if so, how does the SM-3 hook into the FJR's system?

Does it just plug in and replace the flasher like it does on a BMW?

Thanks!

Dallara

hey dallara

i too had the kisan on my rt. really liked how it turned signals into running lights. only problem was it also turned indicators in dash into running lights too, kinda annoying but got used to it.

i have already had some idiot moments forgetting the signal, have no idea how long it was on :blink:

i dont know if that is the correct unit for the 06, there was a thread on here little while back, bout his installation and how it makes the emergency flashers time out, but i cant recall if it was a 06 or 05, and cant find the thread now. i would assume that it is the same.

oh, thanks for the entertainment on the thread bout the service manual, hope that doesnt make you think twice of posting some useful information in the future.

tony

Don't know if it is the same for the 06 but here is how my 03 reacted...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=7762

I would expect the wiring protocol for the turn signals is pretty much the same for the 06, personally, so the Kisan device operation would be the same. Hope the turn signal relay is easier to get to on the 06 as you have to pull the entire fairing off the 03-05's to get to it. You can see it if you take the little panel out underneath the windshield bracket but you can't reach it to make the swap without pulling the fairing off.