Kiwis Having A Great Time In The States

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Kiwis

Reaction score
Well we're finally in the states and loving every minute of it. Currently in Savannah, decided to stay here an extra night cos it's such an interesting city. COGnosticator and his wife, from Sport Touring . Net, rode out to Sylvania to meet us for lunch as we rode down from Atlanta along with a couple of friends Mike and Mike. It was great to have the company of some locals to guide us to our hotel and join us for dinner that night. Back in Flowery Branch Speedtoyz, Robert and Robin, who we got the bike off, couldn't have been nicer, they met us at the airport and entertained us for the day and evening. They are an amazing couple and many thanks to them. We're staying here in Savannah tomorrow night then moving on to Panama City then New Orleans. Gonna be a great time.  

Hell, no trip to the states is complete without experiencing some stifling heat & humidity. :rolleyes:

Kiwi, actually you probably picked a good time of year to visit the southern states. Have much fun & be careful.

Well we're finally in the states and loving every minute of it. Currently in Savannah, decided to stay here an extra night cos it's such an interesting city. COGnosticator and his wife, from Sport Touring . Net, rode out to Sylvania to meet us for lunch as we rode down from Atlanta along with a couple of friends Mike and Mike. It was great to have the company of some locals to guide us to our hotel and join us for dinner that night. Back in Flowery Branch Speedtoyz, Robert and Robin, who we got the bike off, couldn't have been nicer, they met us at the airport and entertained us for the day and evening. They are an amazing couple and many thanks to them. We're staying here in Savannah tomorrow night then moving on to Panama City then New Orleans. Gonna be a great time.
I just got back from a North American trip; "https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php". It doesn't matter where you go, great people, and wonderful scenery! You don't say how long you've got but if you get a chance the Canadian maritimes especially Newfoundland are wonderful! Take your rain gear though?

Mark

Oops; I just looked at the calender, might be a little late to go that far north? Have a great trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall if your trip takes you to the west. If you will be in Arizona, I'd enjoy meeting and riding a bit with you. You are getting to the time in the west where the weather in the higher elevations can be chancy. So keep careful track of the weather - especially if your route includes mountains. Even in Arizona, at elevations above 5,000 ft you can run into snow and ice. You can also have great riding weather - it just depends on the year, and the weather patterns. Southern Arizona is almost always good riding in the winter - just not as many great roads as in the canyons and mountains.

Hmmmm...

The lack of any further response is strange, even troubling.

I went over to the STNet site because it was mentioned in this thread, and found the exact same message posted there from these folks... then nothing more. Seemed too enthusiastic to have just dropped out like this.

I hope they haven't been involved in any type of accident or mishap. :eek:

I wish them well!

Don

Last edited by a moderator: