Klim Dakar Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpleogs

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Klims Dakar pants? Are they oriented for dirtbike use only or would they be acceptable as street gear? The web site lists them as having 1800 Denier Ballistic cordura in the seat, 1000 in the knees and 420 in the shell and mentions Armortex with kevlar. Sound like they have decent venting. They don't mention any padding. The pants caught my eye in the May 2008 issue of Cycle World in the article on the BMW F800GS. Thought they looked nice but I want something with a decent level of protection that don't get overly hot. My current Moto GP textiles get really warm! THANKS

I ran Klim snowmobile gear in the IBR actually. They're a great company for sure and durable. However, I haven't ran their moto pants. Looking and I don't see Goretex. If they're not.....I wouldn't because I would want rainproof gear.

The pants are water resistant not waterproof. They get a great write up on the ADV board, everyone seems to love them. It seems like once you've had a pair you don't buy any other dirt pants.

I almost bought a pair two weeks ago put they did not have my size. I'll be ordering a pair. They are a lot more heavy duty compared to some of the gear sold as "street " pants. The ballistic is much stonger than say Joe Rocket or others, they're even better than a 'stich in some places. Add some padded shorts and some off road knee protection and your better equipped than 80% of the other riders with their "street " gear.

Latest posts