Know what I hate about my new '06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayshaw91

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first to post something like this. I love, and I mean LOVE this bike!!! :yahoo:

I've been worried that coming from a 350lb SV650 to this would really be a scare. THought I'd drop it, couldn't steer it, etc. Welp, I was wrong. This was a dream to handle and the power.... mmm... oh, the seductive, lucious power... B)

Ok, enough. I'm taking up disk space on the servers just rambling about my new ride.

Wow. If you're on the fence on getting an FJR, get off it. Go buy one and enjoy. Holy crap.

Now to farkle this baby!!! :D

Multiple rambling positive comments....
Dude, sorry to say, but you're just not gonna fit in around here. You've got to crap on at least some design aspect for us to believe you... come on, tell us you hate the new rear view mirrors, or your bike is twitchy, or clunky, or sluggish, or skittish, or leans too much, or the paint is too soft, or too hard, or the bike is too hot, or too loud, or too turbulent, or uncomfortable or something... throw us a frickin' bone for cryin out loud...!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine, my one bone:

The throttle is too tight.

Keep in mind that I'm coming from a used '99 SV650, so this is like going from a beat up Neon to a brand new Mazda Speed6 (or insert your speedy, yet comfy car o' choise here), so there isn't much for me to grip about.

Eh... ok, here is another half a bone for you. The bars are a bit buzzy, but still not as bad as the SV.

so there isn't much for me to grip about.
we don't let that stop us. how do you like the shield? :>) you sport bike guys are so easy! you're used to misery. now come off a gold wing and you can whine about comfort and fit and finish. of course, while you're whining, your tongue is hanging out the side of your wide-eyed mouth with saliva running in your ear. (lovely image, that.)

shu

PS you DO know your instantaneous gas mileage readout is FUBAR, eh? :eek:

Some of you comedians out there may take this a bit further just for a laugh. So be it. I started using this machine in the gym that improves grip strength. My thinking....instead of changing the FJR, maybe I need to change. This relationship is two sided. My new philosophy....why do the problems always have to be the FJR's fault. Maybe I should take some the blame upon myself???? :blink:

Some of you comedians out there may take this a bit further just for a laugh. So be it. I started using this machine in the gym that improves grip strength. My thinking....instead of changing the FJR, maybe I need to change. This relationship is two sided. My new philosophy....why do the problems always have to be the FJR's fault. Maybe I should take some the blame upon myself???? :blink:
The Friendswood grip enhancer? :lol: I hear that's pretty "handy" :lmaosmiley:

You mean you're using one of these???

d9_1_b.JPG

:lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley:

Ha hah! Yeah, that "mod" I'm not touching, Groo.

The center spring fix I am going to do for sure.

Honestly, the windscreen to me rocks. Again, coming from a different machine. My SV had a Givi windscreen, but the helmet noise was deafening. So, cutting the dB's down in half with the stock FJR screen is fantastic. I'm vertically challenged, so in the up position at 80 I'm feelin' fine.

Maybe the FJR was designed for shorties like me?

I wish my FJR had self canceling turn signals.

My 1980 GS1000G was the sport tourer of choice back in it's day and it had them.

I do not know why the class of sport touring today, FJR, does not.

The fuel injection is a little notchy at slow speeds.

Mine does clunk into first gear.

However all things said, I love her just the same and I am very much looking forward to a long ride in August.

Hopefully by then I will have the 29" Corbin seat and the Audiovox cruise control installed.

Latest posts