Kudo's to Randy for the Stebel horn install!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
Randy installed the Stebel Nautilus horn few weeks ago on my 06. What a blast!!

I had the occasion to use it twice on couple of cagers and they were like deer in headlights!

One of them wobbled around a bit OUT of my lane :assassin: . I was happy ... would have rolled if I wasn't riding! :yahoo:

The most essential farkle of all.

Thanks for a great job Randy!

I"d be interested to know where he mounted it. I've got a Stebel off my cruiser waiting to be installed on the FJR. I've searched high and low on the forum and none of the mounting positions turn my crank to much.

I"m thinking I"m gonna seperate the compressor and the horn and connect them with an air line sometime over the winter.

like you said ...

Randy installed it by separating the compressor and horn, connected with a rubber hose. The two pieces were installed in the old horn locations with specially sized brackets. Some plastic had to be cut-out to prevent any interference with forks.

All wires #10, Bosch relay, in-line fuses, etc.

He also installed in left space (below/next to the lighter receptacle) the power distribution strip w/ main in-line fuse for the multitude of farkles I am installing now ...

I am set for electrical farklizing now! :clapping:

I"d be interested to know where he mounted it. I've got a Stebel off my cruiser waiting to be installed on the FJR. I've searched high and low on the forum and none of the mounting positions turn my crank to much.

I"m thinking I"m gonna seperate the compressor and the horn and connect them with an air line sometime over the winter.