ladies rain gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any decent rain gear for women out there.

At least in the under $50 price range.. I might go a touch higher but I really dont want to because she probabally will not ride if there is much of a chance or rain.

My wife is under 5' tall and around 120 lbs. do the mens stuff really looks bad on her.

Hmmmm. I understand style and I understand function.

You know what, forget it. Women want both, probably more style then function. Man logic won't work here, so I'll just stop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man logic won't work here, so I'll just stop...
Technically, there's no other kind of logic. :rolleyes:

I bought myself a Tour Master Sentinel rain suit when my Defender (also Tour Master) was torn up in a low side. I bought one for my wife, too, who has yet to use it, but it's there just in case. A nice touch was that the ladies' suit had nomex panels on the inside of the legs, for those rides which present the pillion with hot exhaust pipes.

BTW, I much prefer he Defender over the Sentinel suit. Easier to put on, and the Sentinel leaks like a sieve, but only sometimes. Haven't figured it out yet, but some days I come out of it looking like I forgot my Depends, some days I come out of it dry as can be. Never got wet in the Defender, and it packed smaller, too.

*Damn, the next sentence contains logic and facts, no mention of style and fashion. No way around it, you have to at least present it to her.*

You also need to make her understand that a motorcycle rain suit is not the same as a raincoat you'd wear to the car at the mall. Tell her it has to stand up to 100MPH winds without shredding, has to pass air through without passing water so you don't cook, and has to pack small enough to carry "just in case" when you're already loaded to the gills, has to have pockets on the outside so you can reach your wallet, toll booth change, phone and what-not without undressing, and it has to keep whatever's in those pockets dry as a desert. That's the plan, anyway. . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts