laminarlip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one time where the part should have little difference between the previous years and the '06.

The good: It works. That is with a PERIOD. You can remove it when not needed/wanted. In a group buy most of Europe bought the 'lip'. Most still use it. My wife likes it because the pocket of calm, still air will project even over the pillion.

The ugly: And yes it is. From every angle.

The bad: It causes windshield flutter.

IMOP: I have left the Gorilla Velcro dots on my ahmaY windshield, I put da Lip on for LONG trips and LONG cold/wet trips 'cuse it works. Well. And, now on to the other different experiences..... :lol:

This is one time where the part should have little difference between the previous years and the '06.
The good: It works. That is with a PERIOD. You can remove it when not needed/wanted. In a group buy most of Europe bought the 'lip'. Most still use it. My wife likes it because the pocket of calm, still air will project even over the pillion.

The ugly: And yes it is. From every angle.

The bad: It causes windshield flutter.

IMOP: I have left the Gorilla Velcro dots on my ahmaY windshield, I put da Lip on for LONG trips and LONG cold/wet trips 'cuse it works. Well. And, now on to the other different experiences..... :lol:
+1

Just dont go over 120mph with it... Or buh bye lip! Ask me how i know :dntknw: :fool:

:D

Just dont go over 120mph with it... Or buh bye lip! Ask me how i know
Won't ask. Will comment that my lip didn't blow off at somewhat higher speeds (pillion included, pixs from the rear seat at the *elevated speeds* available on PPV !!!!!). The windscreen flutter will cause one not to want to run the 'lip' at speeds higher than say, mach 1 :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes your lip may blow off, but you will really, really, really have to ask for it :lol:

And, yes it will still provide good service at mach 1, right up until it leaves the house. Fortunately, I still have mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1... It works, it looks are best described as "unique", and it's a bitch to clean bug guts off it at fuel stops!

DSC00061.jpg

I echo what Silverbullet said. It did not work for me and really didn't like the look. On the plus side, excellent customer service. Sent it back and got a full refund. Certainly not what I got from another vendor here, whose parts I sold because his cavellier attitude really got to me.

If you don't mind me asking, how tall is everyone? I'm 6'2" and the stock windscreen is only good all the way down right now. with the screen all the way up and hunched down 5/6 inches i hit a quiet zone. I don't think i'd need it all the time, just on trips.

I am 6'1" And i agree with you about the best position is all the way down... The lip gave ( :rip_1: ) me a larger cone of silence when all up.

The best position i found was about 2" from the bottom, That put most of the wind just above my visor.

Hope this helps

Adam

Last edited by a moderator: