Last Chance Make Up Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth1

Reaction score
Since I missed a few rallies I had wanted to attend this year, I thought one last Ar weekend would help make the season complete.

I am looking at Clinton, Ar as base of operations.

They have 2 motels(a Best Western and a Super 8), and access to good rides in 4 directions.

According to forecasts, the weather is finally going to break and allow use of cool weather riding gear that weekend.

No plans other than show up and ride.

Anybody interested?

https://www.accuweather.com/us/ar/clinton/72031/forecast-month.asp

Since I missed a few rallies I had wanted to attend this year, I thought one last Ar weekend would help make the season complete.

I am looking at Clinton, Ar as base of operations.

They have 2 motels(a Best Western and a Super 8), and access to good rides in 4 directions.

According to forecasts, the weather is finally going to break and allow use of cool weather riding gear that weekend.

No plans other than show up and ride.

Anybody interested?

https://www.accuweather.com/us/ar/clinton/72031/forecast-month.asp
Theirs a Holiday Inn Express there right off I40 as well. I stayed there on my trip in Sept. Nice place too.

Theirs a Holiday Inn Express there right off I40 as well. I stayed there on my trip in Sept. Nice place too.
You must be thinking about Conway AR. its a bit farther south.

The Best Western (Hillside) is the hotel you want, we've done 3 or 4 TBA rides from there. Just spent 4 days last weekend up around those parts.

Those dates may work well, Mark (glory Racing) has a small place near Jasper, I usually stay with him, if he has the room. If you stay in Clinton we could meet you smewhere out there. What kind of riding you looking to do?

You must be thinking about Conway AR. its a bit farther south.
Oops. Your right. My apologies. I stayed in Clinton OK. Which was not HIx and in fact, pretty much sucked balls - but the AC worked and on that day, that's all that mattered.

The Best Western (Hillside) is the hotel you want, we've done 3 or 4 TBA rides from there. Just spent 4 days last weekend up around those parts.

Those dates may work well, Mark (glory Racing) has a small place near Jasper, I usually stay with him, if he has the room. If you stay in Clinton we could meet you somewhere out there. What kind of riding you looking to do?

I have a room at the Hillside Inn booked for Thursday the 21st through Sunday morning the 24th.

I love the twisties in Ar. Looking to do day rides of 250- 350 miles. I've ridden almost all the good roads north of I-40.

I thought one day I would try 9 south to Hot Springs area and back up 7.

123, 16 and push mountain are all easy reach from Clinton.

I personally like a brisk pace but not a race pace if that helps. I am flexible though.

If we could meet up that would be great. It's always nice to have company.

I have a room at the Hillside Inn booked for Thursday the 21st through Sunday morning the 24th.

I love the twisties in Ar. Looking to do day rides of 250- 350 miles. I've ridden almost all the good roads north of I-40.

I thought one day I would try 9 south to Hot Springs area and back up 7.

123, 16 and push mountain are all easy reach from Clinton.

I personally like a brisk pace but not a race pace if that helps. I am flexible though.

If we could meet up that would be great. It's always nice to have company.
I've got some video I've been wanting to shoot over on Push this fall so this date may work well. I should know for sure the first of next week.

9 and 7 going and coming from HS are OK, the biggest problem is the traffic. Hwy 9 west of Melbourne is one of the better rides in AR.

Brisk is good, I like brisk. This should work out, will confirm soon!

Scott

Sounds good Scott.

Let me know when you finalize things and I can pm you my cell phone #.

I hope maybe some others are able to make it, too.

Sadly decided to cancel this trip due to ever increasing precipitation probability.

:(

Latest posts