Leaf Peepers - Lockett Meadow - Sunday 10/18 - 0900

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreatio...adow-camp.shtml Sunday, October 18 0900 hours we will depart Chevron Fuel Station next to the McDonald's Restaurant at the Northeast corner of Interstate 17 and Carefree Hwy74

I will be riding my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin "Salma Hayek". But if you possess dirt/gravel skills ala RenoJohn, dcarver, MCML and Bluestreek you will find this route an easy going adventure. In fact those four would probably sneer at this one!

Fully Candy Butt GS Offroad Association approved for your riding pleasure, I do not intend to disturb my champagne bottle!

Pack a picnic lunch and we'll dine at the meadow. Forest Road 420, then meadow, then FR418 and finally FR 151 and back to Phoenix. Any questions for Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina": H: 480-917-3863 C: 480-440-4666 [email protected]

Big Dan The Man From Lake Havasu City (formerly known as pinhead's bitch): Big-D, it just dawned on me this would be a perfect trek for that big displacement scooter of yours. We'll see family sedans on these Forest Service Roads: Easy-Peasy!

Brian Boles is going on this and even Dave Cooley (Mister No Dust On My GS Rims) is riding this 10/18 Leaf Peeper Parade!!

I see the route in question is just north of Flagstaff. How many miles will we ride on dirt. If I were to meet you guys in Flagstaff, where would be the best place to meet?

I see the route in question is just north of Flagstaff. How many miles will we ride on dirt. If I were to meet you guys in Flagstaff, where would be the best place to meet?
Guessing between 20-25 miles of dirt. Meet at the 1st service station as you come off I-17 into Flagstaff? Don't know name!

I'll let you know as soon as I talk to the wife. She is flying out to San Antonio to see the daughter and I'll have to drive out to Vegas to pick her up when she gets back. Not sure as of yet which day she'll be returning, but somewhere near those dates.

I just had to replace a battery in one of my ATV's, so I think I will take it down next week and get it licensed for the street. I had to order the battery, which should be in next Wednesday. Once I get that done, maybe I'll haul it up to Flagstaff and tag along on that ride with you guys. I am not one to take my FJR or my scooter on dirt.

In order to license them, they have to have a horn, license plate light and mirrors. I put all of this stuff on about a year ago. Of course they came with headlight and brake lights.

I can easily keep up on pretty much any road in Flagstaff. I have been wanting to get both of them licensed for the street so my wife and I can ride from Flag to Sedona using Forest Service roads and ride the jeep trails. We used to be able to ride the dirt FS roads without hassles, but recently people have been getting tickets. Now the rules are enforced if the road (dirt or otherwise) is maintained, you gotta have regular plates.

Don, Michelle, sorry, but I have something else that came up and I will not be able to ride up to Flag on Sunday.
Maybe next year.
Weenie!!! Would anyone be interested in riding to Crown King instead, meeting at the same place and same time?

NOTE: This is a Candy Butt GS Riders Association Ride! This will not be ROUNDEL poke your eye out with a sharp stick journey or an AZBMWRIDER bury your bike in a river expedition or a Seamus stealing a bike to get home trek!

Up 17 to Bumblebee-Cleator turnoff, Crown King lunch, back home way of Goodwin and Mayer; Senator Highway.