LED license plate frame....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shu

Reaction score
hola,

installed a cool kisan 3 in 1 license plate frame today, and it was cake, even for an electrical nimrod like me. the chrome license plate frame (also available in black) has a very bright LED brake light which does the kisan decleration flash pattern which is quite attention-getting. it also has sequential turn signal LEDs that are available in amber or red, depending on your state requirement. i got amber...

for $113, it bought a LOT more rear visibility and safety, i think, and is otherwise completely unobtrusive. pretty cool....

usual disclaimer, i don't work for these guys... just a really nifty farkle for limited cost and a really simple install...

shu

postpics.gif

Shu...your a liar!....Unless of course I see the pics and then I will be happy to remove my previous slanderous comments!
Cheers cock!
cock? cock?? hmmm. no, but thanks for offering... and i think they may be libelous, not slanderous. but i'm no lawyer. i don't even play one on TV.

well, since i don't want anybody as big or mean-ass looking as your picture PO'ed at me, i'll take a pic as soon as i get back from this dumb meeting i gotta go to. in the meantime, here's a little LINKY for you..

jeez. tough crowd... :dribble:

shu :yahoo:

Shu-

Thanks for the info. I appreciate hearing about farkles, notwithstanding the rude comments from others.

Thug, Bounce, I think Jackson just called one of us rude. I may be dense sometimes but I'm no doorknob either. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
notwithstanding the rude comments from others.
Jackson. If you truly want to have fun around here and get the full value out of FJRForum.com, you need to learn to appreciate a little good-natured back and forth.

I saw no rudeness above whatsoever. I saw some entertaining, well-meaning, shit-giving between some folks who have been around here a while and like to have some fun rather than posting boring drivel.

That was just their way of showing affection for each other, as they are not in close enough proximity for actual kissing. :wub:

:lol:

Excuse me while I duck for cover.............

Shu-
Thanks for the info. I appreciate hearing about farkles, notwithstanding the rude comments from others.
dude,

thanks for the kindness, but i don't think this was actually rudeness. this was meant to be a delicately instructive upbraid. though i think there may be some chance thug was looking to get lucky.... :yahoo:

here it is, and the comments on the link should be duly noted before clicking. i didn't have much time.. i should also add that the BRAKE function is not shown, which is pretty cool, since i couldn't reach the pedal with my toe while holding the camera. it does the kisan rapid flash then slows to a steady burn. these LEDs are hella bright in the dark...

shu

handheld, shaky, poorly lit, tough #$^&

now that i look at it again, i think the brake thing DOES show, but the brightness just doesn't come through like in real life.

OK - thassit. gotta go work to make some more farkle bucks...

thanx for posting that link...............I have been beating my brains out trying to remember/locate this web site :) it is bookmarked now

This kinda poses a ? for me. I have a Givi trunk w/break light that is connected w/vampire connectors into my rear break wiring. What I am thinking of doing is connecting a LED flex strip w/about 10-15 lights and a back off modulator for the flash mode, which will also have to be spliced into the same rear break wiring that the Givi is. My ? is will this be to much electric draw on the break wiring? will I need a larger fuse? I do not want to run the risk of causing a overload in my rear break wiring. Anybody got enough electrical experience to give some good advise? electrical wiz kid I'm not. I want to mount this LED strip on the Givi mount rack in the center curve just above my break light

Way cool Shu. The sequential turn signals remind me of the sequential turn signals on the 64 Thunderbird. My folks had one (I got to drive as a kid occasionally) and I always thought the sequential turn lights in the rear were kewl.

May have to get that plate. For, ahem, safety reasons :p

Way cool Shu. The sequential turn signals remind me of the sequential turn signals on the 64 Thunderbird. My folks had one (I got to drive as a kid occasionally) and I always thought the sequential turn lights in the rear were kewl.
had a '68 cougar which also had the sequential turns. groovy, baby...

and yeah, that "safety" thing can cover a lot of bling. i'm thinking that my stock pipes are probably not as safe as some slightly louder slip-ons. if 300,000 people a year believe that loud pipes save lives, perhaps they are not the ones who are stupid??? that's the way i'm gonna sell it, anyway. and of course, a GPS system could prevent that un-safe getting lost thing...

what am i saying? i can do anything i want! the "safest" thing, which i learned YEARS ago, is to jettison anyone or anything that tries to keep you on a short leash. got a comfy, stretchy one on now, and it fits just fine. course, you gotta give the same in return. but truly, no problemo. it's either yours or it ain't, eh?

philosophy and electronics in the same thread. bargain.. :clapping:

shu

+1

Thanks for the tip - was looking for something like this - almost bought another brand - not as, ahem, as safe.

Shu, thanks for the pics. Good farkle. What happened to"loud pipes get passed" That sticker is quite popular around here.

. i'm thinking that my stock pipes are probably not as safe as some slightly louder slip-ons. if 300,000 people a year believe that loud pipes save lives, perhaps they are not the ones who are stupid???

Nice work Shu! Cock you say? No I didn’t want any just an old English term of endearment (not that I'm a Pom either)

You are correct I did libel you but unbeknownst to you I also slandered your good name as well…but I hereby fully retract any aforementioned libellous or slanderous comments made by me about you, to you and anyone else about you.

You have delivered the goods so good job!

Cheers

Nice work Shu! Cock you say? No I didn’t want any just an old English term of endearment (not that I'm a Pom either)
You are correct I did libel you but unbeknownst to you I also slandered your good name as well…but I hereby fully retract any aforementioned libellous or slanderous comments made by me about you, to you and anyone else about you.

You have delivered the goods so good job!

Cheers
gosh, i can't explain this mixed feeling of relief and disappointment. :unsure: damned latency! and me hanging out with all these homophobic miscreants... :yahoo:

goodonya, thug... yer welcome... ;)

shu