LED lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ankhman

Reaction score
I cannot believe how much I like the 2008 FJR. By far the best all around machine I have rode in 25 years and I do mean a MACHINE! I would like to add some additional lighting to the rear end for greater visability. Has anyone tried the BackOff LED plates or brake modulator system. I am thinking of installing these, anyone have a thread as to the installment. Thanks!

Ankhman

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Backoff XP on my bike, works great with the LED lights I added.

The lower round lights are hooked to the Backoff, the main brake lights arn't (for contrast).

DSC_2405.jpg

hyperlites were the first modification/add-on i made to the fjr when i bought it new last year. i've had hyperlites on my motorcycles since '98, can't imagine not having them on.

dean

cincinnati

I got both...and love em.

I've got the dual LED strip black license plate frame from Signal Dynamics.

It and the stock tail lights are all hooked up to a backoff tail light modulator.

I have it set to flash 5 time then stay on steady each time the brakes are applied.

My wife, who rode behind me, before and after the install, says it makes a HUGE difference.

She approves! I also have the reflective sidecase decals. If I get rear ended at night the

perp has got to be blind or a total idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to what Tbird posted. Did the same thing to my bike. Works and looks great.

Thinking about putting strip LED light bars on the back of the side bags for turn signal and brake/running lights. There is a pretty good gap between the outer and inner shell for the wiring. An easy quick release connector between the bag and the frame will finish it off.

I'll take pictures and post it if I carry through with it.

Latest posts